Won't Save Shipping Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't Save Shipping Address

I am wanting to order Family Finder for my mother and sister, who live at separate addresses (not mine).

I want their kits shipped to them, not me.

I've tried to raise the orders on both Internet Explorer and Chrome, and both with me logged in as an existing customer, and not logged in at all - i.e. as if a brand new customer.

In every case, it won't save the shipping address.

I am running out of time to take advantage of the current sale.

I posted a thread about it in the "Beginners" section yesterday (although I'm not a beginner) http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=41676

So excuse the cross-posting. At the time, I thought it was some complication of being logged in under my existing Kit No, and that it would be fixed by ordering as if I was a new customer.

But today shows that not to be true.

I can enter all the shipping details, but they just won't save.

I have now managed to order my brother's Family Finder, but that's only because his doesn't need shipping, as he already has a kit from previous Y-DNA testing.

How do I order for my mother and sister, and get their kits shipped to them?

Ideally, I was trying to put them both on a single order, to save giving all the billing info twice, but I'd do them as two separate orders if I have to - it won't take that either.

I don't remember having all this trouble when I first bought a kit for my brother, years ago. I just put mine as the billing address, his as the shipping address - all fine.

Are you using Firefox, by any chance? If so, try IE.

I've have all kinds of trouble every time I order a kit.

I just can't believe a company that doesn't bother (can't?) make their shopping cart work in every browser!!!

Comment

Hi,

No, I don't have Firefox - I've tried IE and Chrome.

The Save button just doesn't do anything - it doesn't blink to show it saved. If I go back to edit the basket, it shows that the shipping info has defaulted to my billing address, even though I definitely UNticked that shipping is the same as billing.

I don't want to proceed to payment, and find the kits are dispatched to me! I live 100 miles away and am ill, so I won't be seeing my relatives to hand them their kits in person.

And why should I have the additional expense of having to forward them on?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmason View Post
        The Save button just doesn't do anything - it doesn't blink to show it saved.
        I have successfully sent kits to other people. The Save button probably doesn't do anything (although I click on it anyway just in case). The important point is that if you have entered a shipping address separate from the billing address, and click on the "Complete Purchase" button, you do get what you want (and you see it immediately).

Comment

Thank you, OK, I will have to trust you on that, and try it again in the morning.

I'm just very wary of the kits being sent to me, as that would be quite useless, so I'd be really annoyed if I completed the purchase, and the confirmation said it was coming here!

I'm in the UK, so I can't just call them and sort it over the phone, either.

Comment

Right, OK.

I still wasn't able to place all my purchases as a single order, because of the issue with the shipping address not saving (i.e. you can't move on to give a different address for the next kit).

So I've had to place three separate orders for three tests, and repeat all the payment information every time - three times as much work!

BUT, it has at least accepted all the orders, and it looks as if they're all shipping to the right places - including the one that doesn't need to ship anywhere, because it's a new test on an existing kit.

So I achieved the desired result - and qualified for the sale. But what a very tedious way of having to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmason View Post
              I am wanting to order Family Finder for my mother and sister, who live at separate addresses (not mine).

I want their kits shipped to them, not me.

I've tried to raise the orders on both Internet Explorer and Chrome, and both with me logged in as an existing customer, and not logged in at all - i.e. as if a brand new customer.
              DO NOT be signed into your FTDNA kit when trying to order a new kit for a different person.

Go here https://www.familytreedna.com/ place your order for one kit. Then repeat the process to place the second order.

Comment

I have already done it the way you suggest. But the point is that you are meant to be able to order kits for other people whilst logged in. If you weren't, it wouldn't have the option to supply their name and gender, as you could only be ordering for yourself, right?

I think there's definitely a bug here. An existing customer should be able to order ten tests for different people, if they want, and all on a single order. You shouldn't have to log out, and raise each one as a separate order, which seems to be the only way at the moment. Yes, it still achieves the same in the end, but it's a lot of pointless duplication. Why should you have to give all your payment details over again, for each kit that you want?

Comment

Working...
                X