Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG: surnames list got erased

agghhhh

I had entered so many surname/place entries for my mom's account and today I login and it's all gone! FTDNA says we have no entered surnames!

I think some bug must be randomly wiping them out for people now or something.

Hi Wombat,

I am following up with my manager on this. Trying to see if the IT department has any idea what the trigger is or when this will be fixed so it doesn't happen.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Comment

I heard back from my manager regarding this and I have some information on this bug.

What the issue is people fill out the Surname section on their myFTDNA page and then either upload a new Gedcom or create a new node on their family tree and they try adding in new surnames from that node or any node this then removes the Surname list on their myFTDNA account.

I know this is a huge inconvenience since it takes time to input the surnames, especially if you have a large list. IT is working on this but they have not yet provided a time frame as to when it will be fixed. I will post here if I have any updates.

-Darren
      Family Tree DNA

Comment

Working...
      X