Feature Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request

FTDNA, a last log on date next to all matches would be really, really helpful.

It might not mean much. Many of us who tested several family members and manage their accounts have requested and received private projects so we can sign in to all of them at once. So, while I may sign in as a group administrator and view my mother's account almost every day, I probably have not signed into her account as an individual account in over a year. Same with all other family members. So the accounts would appear to be inactive, when they really aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
      It might not mean much. Many of us who tested several family members and manage their accounts have requested and received private projects so we can sign in to all of them at once. So, while I may sign in as a group administrator and view my mother's account almost every day, I probably have not signed into her account as an individual account in over a year. Same with all other family members. So the accounts would appear to be inactive, when they really aren't.
      Most are not members of private projects. Yes, I have probably tested as many as twenty different tests on individuals and I don't have a private project. With a last log on date at least if we did not receive a reply to an email then we would have a semblance of an idea as to why. On Ancestry (I've tested there too and 23&Me) at least when we contact someone we get an idea if they are checking their account. Even that is not really accurate. I stay logged into my account there so it looks like I last logged on several months ago when really I check my account daily.

It would not hurt Family Tree to do this.

Comment

Same applies to my kits, they all show over a year ago that I logged on, as I access them through my GAP account. (20 kits, one login)

But it would also be a good thing to show last log in date in general, as it would give somewhat of an idea of how active account is (for ones not administrated through a GAP account)

Comment

I suppose with group administrators logging into accounts in this way, FTDNA can't even tell which are truly inactive???

I would hate to have to log into each of them separately every time I wanted to check something.

Comment

I'm not a group administrator. I would just like to see anyone who has an account on Family Tree to show when they have last logged on to their account.

Comment

Working...
            X