Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    You can join your surname project with your NatGeo results and then add a Y-DNA12 test for $59. Not all surname projects include the 12 marker test but many do.

You can also add your known SNP to the most distant paternal information for your dad's kit. If you currently have this as Jack Myers change it to SNP name Jack Myers. This will show up when others see him as a match.

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    Not familiar with how in depth Nat Geo tests, but all you would have to do is order on your fathers kit the SNP ($39) that defines the subclade you where given at Nat Geo.(providing they offer that SNP test)
    Via his haplotree and SNP page

It will be a given that he will be positive for each SNP below that one.

Leave a comment:

• dwmyers
    started a topic Linking male family Y-DNA results.

Linking male family Y-DNA results.

Sirs,

I just transferred results from Nat Geo Geno 2.0 to ftDNA. My father has an older (2011) STR Y-DNA 67 test. It would be nice if people who match my Dad could see my SNP results. I can't match, at this point, so I don't care.

At this point, if I want additional SNP work done, I have to pay over 150 dollars for a test my father already had done, and then $39 a SNP. If I want additional SNP work done .. R-P310, U106-, P312-, CTS4528- is rare, on a cost basis I'll be pushed to YSEQ, whether I want to or not.

Any suggestions.. who to talk to about this, recommended.

Thx,

David.
Working...
X