No announcement yet.

Maternal and Paternal tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very sorry for this problem. It effects me as well and I have reported some specific cases. I will try and get you an update when I hear any. I apologize again for the problem with this new feature.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Comment

Thanks Darren, much appreciated!

Comment

I don't know what exactly they did, but I was able to finally get the paternal & maternal tabs working on my own kit this morning. So I'm pretty happy at the moment.

Comment

Paternal Maternal Tabs not working

Update, three weeks later and still no correction of whatever problem there is with this new feature. Submitted a Customer Support bug report via email since it doesn't seem they took any action yet on the phone call I made.

Guess they are too busy planning a conference to actually provide service to their paying customers. I don't care how cheap they make their tests, I'm not buying them until they have a product worth using.

Comment

Maternal and Paternal Tabs

I am having the same problem with these Tabs, my son and I are linked on our tree, but nothing shows up in the Tab area on our respective pages.

Another extremely annoying thing about the Family Tree is that I keep finding it has swapped my son and his father about, so my son's details, i.e. name, birth date etc., end up in his father's slot, and vice-versa. I have had to change the details back to their respective slots several times. They have the same first name, but a different middle name, it seems the Tree program is unable to differentiate, so I end up as wife to my son and mother of my Ex..!!!

Comment

Paternal and Maternal Tabs - update

Well something finally got put right, a window popped up on my son's Tree page and asked if he and his father were the same person, I clicked No. Then discovered that I was up on his page twice, as my father's wife and my son's mother.. totally screwed. I deleted myself as wife of my father by removing all the details under my picture, which has now been removed. I am still linked to my son, BUT, problem is, though my son now has a couple of hundred matches marked under his Maternal Tab, I still have nothing under mine on my Match's page, HELP.
              Babushka
              FTDNA Customer
              Last edited by Babushka; 29 August 2016, 06:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Are there any known relatives for you on either your mother's or father's side? Linking your son or other children will not affect the maternal and paternal match tabs in your account.

According to Roberta Estes' blog post on this, FTDNA enlarged the list of relatives for phased family matching, so now it includes: parents, aunts, uncles, first cousins, grandparents, half-siblings, half- "other relatives" (such as aunts, uncles, first cousins, etc.), second cousins, third cousins, great-great-grandparents, great-grandparents, grand uncles, grand aunts, great-grandaunts and great-granduncles.

Comment

Originally posted by Babushka View Post
                  Well something finally got put right, a window popped up on my son's Tree page and asked if he and his father were the same person, I clicked No. Then discovered that I was up on his page twice, as my father's wife and my son's mother.. totally screwed. I deleted myself as wife of my father by removing all the details under my picture, which has now been removed. I am still linked to my son, BUT, problem is, though my son now has a couple of hundred matches marked under his Maternal Tab, I still have nothing under mine on my Match's page, HELP.
                  You won't get any maternal or paternal matches on your own account by linking to your son. That won't work for you. You need to link DNA tested relatives from your match list to your father's or mother's side of your tree (I think it needs to be a 3rd cousin or closer at present time to work). Have you tested either of your parents or a close paternal or maternal relative?

Comment

Fixed!! Phasing of Paternal and Maternal

I opened a request with Customer Support and they fixed the problem for me. Here's the explanation of how they corrected it:

Sometimes the system needs to recalculate so you just need to unlink the relative matches, go back to the family Finder Matching page to make sure that it is actually calculating and then go back to the family Tree and re-link the relevant matches.

Comment

Working...
                    X