Issue with Family Finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Family Finder

When I click on myFTDNA and then Family Finder and then matches all that shows up is this:

Link is: https://www.familytreedna.com/my/familyfinder/

I'm using internet explorer 11. I've never run into this issue before.

Thanks
    Last edited by Gabriel; 6 July 2016, 07:34 PM. Reason: added link

Just got an email from FTDNA re FF;

Dear Group Administrators,

Upgrades are on the way! As we increase the size of our server room at FTDNA from 5 PM CST Friday, July 8 to 12 PM CST Saturday, July 9, a few features will be temporarily unavailable. This includes uploading Gedcoms, Autosomal transfers, Genographic Project transfers and Genographic Next Generation upgrades to Family Finder. Other services and the shopping cart will be unaffected.

More good news! We are excited to announce the release of our newest Family Matching tool. This upgraded feature works within your myFamilyTree and Family Finder matches. When accessing your Family Finder matches, you will see a new layout, along with tabs for “All”, “Paternal”, “Maternal” and “Both”, which now allows matches to be sorted paternally or maternally.

For more information on using this new tool, visit:
    https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/.../matches-page/

Please note that while we perform our scheduled maintenance this Friday and Saturday, the new calculation function will be temporarily unavailable. If you already have relatives connected, you will still be able to access these different categories, though updates stemming from changes to your tree will not be calculated until Saturday afternoon.

We welcome your feedback on this useful new feature. Please send feedback to [email protected] and we will be happy to pass it along to the development team.

Comment

FTDNA introduced a new way of displaying results today, so that might explain your issues:
      http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=39940

The link works fine for me. You might want to retry again now or check your plugins or use another browser at least until the bugs are knocked out of it.

Comment

Thanks All! Didn't realize changes were coming.

Comment

NO matches showing up

Tried this on both my desktop (Win 7, IE 11) and my iPad.
          No matches show up.

Comment

Also no matches appearing on the standard Android browser. Works on chrome, but with that browsers usual extreme slowness on this tablet that's something I'd rather avoid using.

Comment

The announcement quoted above is so full of spin it makes me giddy. It would never occur to me to call it "good news" when all sorts of features are scheduled to become "temporarily unavailable". When a roll-out causes everything to break, even if "temporarily", I'm not impressed.

Comment

The new format works for me on Chrome and IE.

The chromosome browser does not seem to be working or there is a new format which is not user friendly. I can only enter one selection from the page of matches. If I want to enter other matches it's necessary to add them from the chromosome browser list. This is not a good format to use because it requires remembering the names I want to select and then choosing them from the chromosome browser list. Before, we could select from the matches list.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                  The new format works for me on Chrome and IE.

The chromosome browser does not seem to be working or there is a new format which is not user friendly. I can only enter one selection from the page of matches. If I want to enter other matches it's necessary to add them from the chromosome browser list. This is not a good format to use because it requires remembering the names I want to select and then choosing them from the chromosome browser list. Before, we could select from the matches list.
                  It was too late to edit my post so I will just add to it. I need to make a correction. I can use the chromosome tool to add five matches from my matches list.

However, if I use the 'in common with' tool to get those matches I can not add matches from the 'in common with' list. I use this more than any other tool and now it seems to be gone on an 'in common with' list.

Comment

My problem is that I would like to enjoy the new format, but it's rather difficult when everything seems to be stuck at "Calculating Family Relationships".

My father has FTDNA results (via a 23andMe v3 upload), and he is linked to me as my father.

In addition, the problem occurs for all three of my siblings with FTDNA accounts, and for my daughter. (All of their accounts are likewise based on 23andMe v3 uploads.)

In my daughter's case, both her mother and I have FTDNA accounts and are linked to her. My wife's account is based on a 23andMe v3 upload, but mine is from the actual Family Finder test (though I have 23andMe v3 results as well, there just wasn't any point in setting up a second account for me).

For what it's worth, I have 1295 matches.

Comment

The Recalculating message endlessly spinning is a sign that the utility is broken. Mine has been running for hours with no result.

This is a new program, so they are tinkering with it, or the system load is so high it is disabled.

The system is scheduled for maintenance starting Friday night, so the answer seems to be wait until after that before trying again.

The exact quote from FTDNA is the following:

Please note that while we perform our scheduled maintenance this Friday and Saturday, the new calculation function will be temporarily unavailable. If you already have relatives connected, you will still be able to access these different categories, though updates stemming from changes to your tree will not be calculated until Saturday afternoon.
                      Last edited by ech124; 8 July 2016, 04:43 AM.

Comment

I see the same but familytree has told me on Facebook it's my server

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                        When I click on myFTDNA and then Family Finder and then matches all that shows up is this:

Link is: https://www.familytreedna.com/my/familyfinder/

I'm using internet explorer 11. I've never run into this issue before.

Thanks

Comment

"If you use Internet Explorer 11 as your browser, the Family Finder match page won’t load, at all. Switch to using Chrome or Firefox while Family Tree DNA fixes this bug."

This Roberta Estes described in her blog:
                          https://dna-explained.com/

Comment

no family finder matches.

I have the same problem as described. I loaded a new GEDCOM and thereafter I do not have any matches. I contacted FTDNA and in three weeks they still have not resolved for me. I use Google Chrome and everything has worked fine prior to the new upload. Can anyone help?

Comment

Working...
                            X