Feature request: Sort matches by tree revision date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: Sort matches by tree revision date

I have a suggestion for a simple but useful additional feature. It should be possible to sort the family finder matches list by revision date of the family trees.

Is anyone supporting this?

(The reason is that I would like to be informed when my non-speculative matches have entered more data in their trees, or uploaded a larger gedcom tree version, or allowed me to see more of the their tree content in their secrecy settings. Especially, I am interested in if they have added info on birth places, since family names were very unusual in my country until 100-150 years ago.)

Best regards,
    Magnus Eriksson
    Sweden
    Last edited by mange01; 8 June 2016, 09:17 AM.

Feature request: Sort matches by tree revision date

I agree - this would be a useful feature.

Comment

Never Happen!

This will never be a possibility with the way FTDNA has their Family Tree add-on. (Poor as it is). I don't believe they keep track of tree additions. So definitely Technically impossible now or in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by JDP1144 View Post
        This will never be a possibility with the way FTDNA has their Family Tree add-on. (Poor as it is). I don't believe they keep track of tree additions. So definitely Technically impossible now or in the near future.
        That was a strange opinion. Of course it is a simple job to add a revision date field in the database.

Comment

Do not indicate single person "trees" with a blue tree icon

Also, I think that a "family tree" consisting only of one person should not be indicated as a tree with a blue tree icon, but it should have a black icon that may not be clickable.

But first of all, I suggest indication of the tree revision date.
          Last edited by mange01; 20 August 2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X