Continual duplication issue - mtDNA matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continual duplication issue - mtDNA matches

My list of mtDNA Matches continually duplicates itself. I currently have eight duplicate rows for every single person on that list. I started with one person per row about six days ago. Is anyone else seeing this? Frustrating.

[Mac 10.11.4 / Chrome Version 50.0.2661.94 (64-bit)]

This is not happening to me. Have you tried a different browser?

Comment

Yes, I am seeing the same in Chrome and Safari. It would surprise me if this were a client-side issue but I guess it's possible.

There are many javascript bugs on the FTDNA site. I cringe to think of the pressure that their QA and support teams must feel. Even on this forum site, Safari displays everything in right-to-left alignment rather than left-to-right and I constantly have to switch browsers to get things done around here.

Comment

Originally posted by End-of-Line View Post
        Even on this forum site, Safari displays everything in right-to-left alignment rather than left-to-right and I constantly have to switch browsers to get things done around here.

To fix the right-to-left alignment, go to the bottom of the forum page, and choose English (or your preferred language). It sounds like you somehow got set to the Hebrew selection. It has happened to others, myself included, at times.

Comment

Thank you, KATM. I didn't notice that before. Alignment fixed.

Comment

Duplication Issue + Cannot Open GEDCOMs

I, too, have up to 6 duplications for some of my matches on my mtDNA. I am also unable to open the GEDCOMs. I wrote to Family Tree DNA twice, and I have not received a reply. I recently ordered a test kit for someone I know, and now I'm almost sorry that I did so.

Comment

duplication issue

I also, have one particular Mt DNA match showing up more than once at every level HVR1; HVR1&2;and MT Full Sequence. I also, sent FTDNA a note, and received no reply. The match still, appears in duplicate. Everything seemed to stay together during the Houston flooding. Then this occurred. A long time customer of FTDNA.

Comment

Here the same: double match listed, without showing the GD...
                Also opened a request ticket. Usually FTDNA needed 4-9 days to answer. I do not know, how long the queue is now.
                Last edited by Petra; 11 May 2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Good news. Tonight the seven extra copies of my HVR1, HVR2, Coding Region matches are all gone and I only see one listing for each person. Progress!

Comment

Working...
                  X