Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KATM
    replied
    Thank you Petra, I had recently set my browser to "Zoom Text Only" for a particular page, and forgotten to re-set it. This was using Safari. Now it works!

I have been using Firefox in recent months to log in to myFTDNA, but for the last few days it will not accept any text in the Kit Number or password fields. *sigh* I haven't updated it or made other changes to Firefox, so am puzzled.

I just love the annoying vagaries of browsers!

Leave a comment:

• DmHagen
    replied
    Overwrite Button

Petra - thank you so much. Problem solved and Gedcom being uploaded.

Leave a comment:

• Petra
    replied
    Originally posted by KATM View Post
    I'm still getting the same screen as I reported in post #34 of this thread. See the attached image. I get no list from which to choose the person.
    Hallo KATM,

I had this too: do the correct size of your browser, then you might be able to put the name (the donor of the salvia and testee) you are looking for in the field by typing. But you have to type the name you have in your gedcom, for example your maiden name and not married name you gave FTDMNA, when you ordered FF... Then the system will find you - as start person, who tested - and connect it to your Familyfinder data.

Leave a comment:

• Petra
    replied
    Originally posted by DmHagen View Post
    Uploading a Gedcom will overwrite your current Family Tree.
    Do you want to proceed?

However, there is no button to click to indicate you want to proceed.
    Yes, this happened to me too. If you do the size scale of your Browser windows on 100%, not 110% or so, it will work.

I am using Win10 with Edge.

Leave a comment:

• DmHagen
    replied
    My button to proceed with uploading Gedcom

I have been unable to upload my Gedcom. When I click Upload Gedcom, I see the following message -

Uploading a Gedcom will overwrite your current Family Tree.
    Do you want to proceed?

However, there is no button to click to indicate you want to proceed.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    I'm still getting the same screen as I reported in post #34 of this thread. See the attached image. I get no list from which to choose the person.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Petra
    replied
    Today uploading gedcoms worked again as FTDNA finished their serverwork as announced.

Drag and drop worked for me too: drag and drop it on the person in your tree (for example yourself), then click link, then choose the person in the new picture (is it your father no, it is yourself) and click self. Ready!

Leave a comment:

• Babushka
    replied
    DNA Click and Drag not working properly

To add insult to injury, on my son Mike's Family Tree, I used the Click and Drag facility for DNA Matches, to add myself as his mother. I dragged it to my slot, it started the circling thing, then promptly added me beside my own father, now I look as though I am my own father's second wife, and my own slot is still greyed out. GRRRRR

Leave a comment:

• Babushka
    replied
    GEDcom Upload Not working

My Tree never worked properly and I was having trouble adding great grandparents, so I finally managed to delete the whole thing, as I wanted to upload a GEDcom File instead. I have been trying for several days, but when I click on the upload button, nothing happens.

I agree FTDNA are quick to take money, but slow as molasses on delivering results, and fixing broken links.

Leave a comment:

• travers
    replied
    Originally posted by adpstorykeeper View Post
    I have wasted hours today trying to upload a new gedcom family tree file. I've tried exporting to .ged from Ancestry online and from Family Tree Maker but neither file works. I've tried using two different browsers and still no luck. The upload says it is 100% complete... long pause... then the error message asking if I want to try again. I've had no trouble in the past. What is going on? Very frustrating as I'm on vacation and wanted to work on this before going back to work.
    Yes unfortunately it looks like we are most likely out of luck for the weekend. They must have never fixed the server properly to allow gedcom uploads again. Funny it mentions on Facebook though they made sure not to interrupt the shopping cart server. They will make sure they can always take your money but with the other things the customers have to wait.

Leave a comment:

• adpstorykeeper
    replied
    Same issue as #37

I have wasted hours today trying to upload a new gedcom family tree file. I've tried exporting to .ged from Ancestry online and from Family Tree Maker but neither file works. I've tried using two different browsers and still no luck. The upload says it is 100% complete... long pause... then the error message asking if I want to try again. I've had no trouble in the past. What is going on? Very frustrating as I'm on vacation and wanted to work on this before going back to work.

Leave a comment:

• RDickinson
    replied
    I've been trying to upload an Ancestry.com GEDcom for a couple of months now. I keep on coming back and trying again, but...even with fresh Ancestry.com exports, no go, the same error message as reported.

Reading the thread above...doing so seems pretty pointless.

But some attempts to upload Ancestry.com-exported files have been successful? That's what I don't get.

Leave a comment:

• travers
    replied
    Originally posted by travers View Post
    Have tried for about an hour to post a new tree for one of my kits, the page keeps going to 100% then saying "An error occured while processing your GEDCOM file. Please try again or attempt to use a different file." I have tried different formats from different gedcom programs and ancestry that had worked in the past and this time none are working.

Would it be too difficult to let people know what the actual error is? Also, it doesn't look too professional to have spelling mistakes, the word is spelled "occurred". Doesn't FTDNA have spell check?
    My guess is that it is a server issue, even though a Facebook post stated the server maintenance would be done today by 12 PM CST.

Leave a comment:

• travers
    replied
    Have tried for about an hour to post a new tree for one of my kits, the page keeps going to 100% then saying "An error occured while processing your GEDCOM file. Please try again or attempt to use a different file." I have tried different formats from different gedcom programs and ancestry that had worked in the past and this time none are working.

Would it be too difficult to let people know what the actual error is? Also, it doesn't look too professional to have spelling mistakes, the word is spelled "occurred". Doesn't FTDNA have spell check?

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    replied
    This may be due to server downtime. It should be available again by tomorrow afternoon. I am sorry for the trouble.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X