No announcement yet.

GEDCOM import broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting the same problem. Only, it seems to lay not in uploading a new gedcom - but in deleting the old one.

If I go straight to delete, it just hangs up.

If I instead try to upload a new gedcom (which should delete the old tree), it seems to upload, allows me to select myself as home person, then it again, hangs up, with the message:

"Your GEDCOM is being processed.

This might take a few minutes.".

So I get the impression that the fault - at least the one that I'm suffering with, lays not in uploading a new gedcom, but in deleting the old tree.

Comment

Incredibly frustrating to say the least

Comment

Yup, really wish they'd just do some kind of integration with sites that already have an open API, such as familysearch.org or wikitree.org. Periodically updating your gedcom is already a pain even when it is working.

Comment

I have the same problem with Gedcom import

I hope it will be fixed soon, the GEDCOM import is essential.

Comment

23rd March. FTDNA Tree still broken. Will not delete. will not allow me to replace with a fresh gedcom. Not impressed.

Comment

Same boat

I've been trying for 3 days now to upload my GEDCOM. Day 1 i got an undefined error message, now it just says "Your GEDCOM is being processed. This might take a few minutes" and never completes. I've tried on multiple different browsers, and computers and nothing seems to work.

I was excited to find so many new genetic matches on here but now its just been super frustrating since I cant load my tree to the site. Leaves me unable to use alot of the sites features. Really hoping this issue is resolved soon

Comment

Import works now

Uploaded my parents trees without problems

Comment

Originally posted by NilsJohan View Post
                  Uploaded my parents trees without problems
                  What browser did you use for the upload?

Comment

GEDCOM impport

I used Chrome and it finally worked after several weeks of waiting for someone to say it was fixed. It took less than one minute to upload.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegel_Steve View Post
                      I used Chrome and it finally worked after several weeks of waiting for someone to say it was fixed. It took less than one minute to upload.
                      Yep, worked for me as well. Finally!

Comment

Hello all, engineering reported this should now be fixed (regarding uploading gedcom files and viewing match gedcoms). Please report any further issues with them.

Thanks

Darren
                        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Darren, I'm not clear on what you mean by "viewing match gedcoms". Do you mean problems viewing their trees? If so, at least one such problem has NOT been fixed - I get the pole-vaulter "unauthorized to view this tree" display when I try to look at various trees that I uploaded long ago.

I reported this problem last week and was told yesterday that IT was aware of the problem but did not have a timeframe for when it would be fixed. Just want to be sure that they don't think they've fixed this very annoying bug when it is still occurring.

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          Hello all, engineering reported this should now be fixed (regarding uploading gedcom files and viewing match gedcoms). Please report any further issues with them.

Thanks

Darren
                          Family Tree DNA

Comment

Hi Katydid,

Can you please send me a Private Message with more details on this?

-Darren

Comment

Thanks, Darren. I have sent you a PM.

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              Hi Katydid,

Can you please send me a Private Message with more details on this?

-Darren

Comment

Working for myself now! Fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X