Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safari Issues in DNA projects

Hi,

I had logged onto my FTDNA account and went to a couple of the projects of which I am member. I usually use Chrome, but this time I was using Safari.

At a project activity feed, I clicked on the Comments link to expand the comments on an active thread. Nothing happened.

I tried adding a comment, but the box does not expand, and nor can I add a comment in any way.

The Safari version is: Version 9.1 (11601.5.17.1)
    The version of OS is Mac OS X 10.11.4

Chrome is very useful in many ways. But I like Safari since I can have multiple devices share my current and recent browser history and credentials for various websites. It is useful when you have a desktop machine at home, but also have a laptop that is useful when you're on the go.

Thanks!

Originally posted by BBA64 View Post
    Chrome is very useful in many ways. But I like Safari since I can have multiple devices share my current and recent browser history and credentials for various websites. It is useful when you have a desktop machine at home, but also have a laptop that is useful when you're on the go.
    Thanks!
    Chrome does this too.

Comment

I'm having similar problems on a project's activity feed:
      • Can't expand the "X comments" part of a thread
      • Can't start a new thread - the area that would allow this seems to appear as the page is loading but then disappears when it loads

However, I can add a comment to an existing thread.

Browser: Firefox 44.0.2

Comment

I also found I couldn't make the "like" work on project threads and myOrigins page was blank other than the logo.

As an experiment, I turned Adblock Plus off and everything is working again.

Comment

Originally posted by buke View Post
          Chrome does this too.
          True, but Apple does a better job of protecting data, and it's better integrated with the OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Conat View Post

As an experiment, I turned Adblock Plus off and everything is working again.
            I had to disable my blocker also. Seems FTDNA is using some google resources/scripts or what not that are blocked by adblockers

Comment

Originally posted by RandyZie View Post
              I had to disable my blocker also. Seems FTDNA is using some google resources/scripts or what not that are blocked by adblockers
              That would be the issue... turning off AdBlock.

Comment

Working...
              X