mtDNA FMS matches not working for new test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA FMS matches not working for new test results

I've seen several new project members this week who do not have their FMS matches listed correctly, i.e., large numbers of matches from 0 to 3 steps who are not listed. Hopefully some of them have reported the bug.

Gail

Hi Gail,

I submitted one of this as a bug this evening so the engineering department will be able to start looking into what is going on.

-Darren

Comment

I'm still seeing many mtDNA project members who recently completed the FMS test whose matches are not be listed correctly. This includes people who originally tested at FTDNA, not only transfers from other companies who later upgraded to the FMS. I recommend advising people to check their match list again when the problems have been fixed.

Comment

mtDNA FMS matches are still broken. There appears to be a problem calculating matches for people who tested before and after November 2015. If two people are exact (0 step) matches and both received their results in November or later, the genetic distance is calculated directly. But their genetic is mistakenly shown as a distance of 2 or 3 steps for exact matches who received results before November 2015.

Gail

Comment

Darren - mtDNA matches are still broken. Is IT still working on this? The problem appears to be caused by a change in how they calculate the number of steps for people who received FMS results beginning last November.

Thanks,
          Gail

Comment

I followed up with management late last week but have not heard anything yet. I will try and keep you posted when I do.

-Darren

Comment

So I heard some news, not much new, but the IT department is still working on the mtDNA matching issue. I still have no time frame to provide and I am sorry for this. I will keep pushing to get this one completed as soon as possible.

-Darren
              Family Tree DNA

Comment

Darren,

I am one of those affected due to the mtDNA FMS matches not working. I got your message and am really disappointed. On top of that I see today the news about FTDNA and GEDMATCH, what's next?, YFULL, YTREE?

There are no news about BAM files either. Please do tell your management of how upset your customers are getting with these news and lack of follow up.

Thank you and kindest regards.

MC

Comment

Hello,

I pass along the sentiments that I get through email and the forum. It frustrates me as well regarding bugs that are not fixed that are continued inconvenience to customers. I offer my apologies and will continue to push to get these rectified sooner than later.

-Darren
                  Family Tree DNA

Comment

Same thing happening here; no matches whatsoever. Why do we pay for this and nothing works?

Comment

Same issue here as well...

Love getting notifications of new mtDNA matches, logging in, and finding that there are no matches at any level of testing. A bit frustrating to say the least.

Is there any idea if and when this "bug" will be fixed? And, I agree that not being able to access a feature that is included in the fees paid by members, is rather unfortunate.

wareagleblonde

Comment

If you want to send me a private message with your kit number and a contact email address I would be happy to take a look. I can usually see which match generated the email notification which can allow for some trouble shooting.

-Darren
                        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Thanks...

Darren,

Message sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            So I heard some news, not much new, but the IT department is still working on the mtDNA matching issue. I still have no time frame to provide and I am sorry for this. I will keep pushing to get this one completed as soon as possible.

-Darren
                            Family Tree DNA
                            Any update on this? I write custom reports for people who have obtained their FMS, and I am advising them that they may not see all of their legitimate matches right now. But maybe it's been fixed and I haven't heard that news.

Comment

Not fixed ...

Comment

Working...
                              X