no permissions to view a tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no permissions to view a tree?

Is this a new feature? I was scrolling through a kit's FF matches and wanted to view the tree ***ociated (oh, that'll get bleeped; oh well) with a match. I clicked on the tree icon and was promptly told I didn't have authorization to view this tree -- along with a cute line-drawing of a pole vaulter.

huh? First time I've seen this.

kathy.

I guess that's better than an image of someone flying a kite.

Comment

Originally posted by GoofusBroadway View Post
      Is this a new feature? I was scrolling through a kit's FF matches and wanted to view the tree ***ociated (oh, that'll get bleeped; oh well) with a match. I clicked on the tree icon and was promptly told I didn't have authorization to view this tree -- along with a cute line-drawing of a pole vaulter.

huh? First time I've seen this.

kathy.
      I believe this is a result of the person indicating (on their privacy settings for their tree) to keep it private. I did this on my brother's account, because I wasn't keeping up with it and didn't want to delete everyone already entered. That person may have done the same. Just guessing.

As for the diagram...someone at FTDNA trying to keep it light?

Comment

Originally posted by DNAJUNKIE View Post
        I guess that's better than an image of someone flying a kite.
        Heh... maybe so.

@Renegade6008... of course, you're probably right. I never privatize anything here, so that didn't cross my mind. I've never had that happen before, though.

btw... the line drawing was not something that someone just doodled. That would've been cute.

kathy

Comment

Working...
        X