MyOrigins bug?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyOrigins bug?!?!?!

Has anyone else had a problem with their MyOrigins? Mine has said "results pending" for almost a week now. I have been in contact via phone and Facebook but still its not working. I am getting frustrated. I have my matches. But not myOrigins. Anyone else have this problem?
    Natalie

No Ancestral Origins for two weeks now on mtDNA

Originally posted by Nataliea35 View Post
    Has anyone else had a problem with their MyOrigins? Mine has said "results pending" for almost a week now. I have been in contact via phone and Facebook but still its not working. I am getting frustrated. I have my matches. But not myOrigins. Anyone else have this problem?
    Natalie
    Same here. Nada. And no response from FTDNA either.

Comment

just got 620 FF results and raw data won't download. Get this message:

NoSuchKeyThe specified key does not exist.secure/f5/7ef0/e0-/fa0c-4022-87ee-12ad56462781/ffo37-f57ef0e0-fa0c-4022-87ee-12ad56462781.csv.gz8B90484B2F5F244A/t8846bOyCKZ3G42tzSZDXNPUbrhxC0b52MG8s+isD6Z4qdOanG jIpEbrZz8NNyn

My Origins is not there as well, even though it says completed date is 7-8-15

Comment

According to a Facebook post FTDNA is/was not aware that there is an issue with myOrigins and request people to turn in bug reports on their online bug report form https://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx#

Comment

Funny.
          I have been in touch with them for about a week about this "bug" and so they do know about it. But glad to know I am not alone in this.

Comment

Hi
            I've got myOrigins results 4 days ago. The map shows up fine along with the ethnic percentages.
            Nevertheless, on top of the page there is this window saying "Pending Results - Your myOrigins results are still processing, please check back in 24 hours."

At the same time, in my Order History, under Family Finder, there are two entries "completed": one with the date the results appeared, and the second one reading "pending" (both under the same batch 627).
            Is this a bug or I need to wait indeed?

Finally in myOrigins results, the percentages sum up to 101%. Europe 69% and Middle East 32%.
            Is this also part of a bug?

Thanks!

Comment

101% or 99% is normal

Originally posted by dim View Post
              [----] Finally in myOrigins results, the percentages sum up to 101%. Europe 69% and Middle East 32%.

Thanks!
              No, it is not a bug. That can happen due to rounding.

If your population percentages are exactly 68.5% and 31.5%, then when properly (mathematically) rounded they are displayed as 69% and 32%. And that adds up to 101%. In general, 101% could be the total when two population percentages end in .5

And with percentages for populations like 23.3%, 33.4%, and 43.3%, they would be displayed as 23%, 33% and 43%, totaling 99%.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Finally in myOrigins results, the percentages sum up to 101%. Europe 69% and Middle East 32%.

Thanks!
                dna is correct, also in case you test other people, it can also round down to 99%. I don't think I have any 101% in my kits, but I do have several that are 99%

Comment

Thank you both for your reply!
                  I got the way the percentages work in FF.

I hope the "pending results" thing will be solved in case that one is a bug in myOrigins.

Comment

Hi
                    I've got myOrigins results 4 days ago. The map shows up fine along with the ethnic percentages.
                    Nevertheless, on top of the page there is this window saying "Pending Results - Your myOrigins results are still processing, please check back in 24 hours."

At the same time, in my Order History, under Family Finder, there are two entries "completed": one with the date the results appeared, and the second one reading "pending" (both under the same batch 627).
                    Is this a bug or I need to wait indeed?

Thanks!
                    Don't feel alone, I have 3 different kits, all 3 batched 627, with family finder test results that have the exact same bug:

1) "Pending Results - Your myOrigins results are still processing, please check back in 24 hours."

2) Order History, under Family Finder, there are two entries "completed": one with the date the results appeared, and the second one reading "pending".

So, yep! Things are buggy!

Comment

So a quick update...
                      So still nothing. I had all my matches but then I contacted one of them and she couldn't find me so I called FTDNA and they said its probably a bug. One sided matching. So then the next day...about a week ago... I have only 20 matches and still no MyOrigins and the banner on both says that it will show up in 3-5 business days. Its been that now. And I have called and they put in another work ticket. This has been going on for over 2 weeks! I know some of you have been waiting forever but this was through a transfer.
                      Just venting.
                      Natalie

Comment

Hello!

I uploaded my results from 23andme to FTDNA on 20 April. Today is 23th April but I have seen message still

"Your Family Finder Matches results are still processing.
                        Please check back in 24 hours."

Is it possible to solve this problem? I created request but haven't answer yet.

Same situation with transfer DNA for my wife - did it on 20 April and no result still.

PS On next day (21th April) I received result myOrigin, but definitely it's not enough. And Ancient European Origins doesn't work too.

Comment

Working...
                        X