Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChattieKathy
    replied
    I was looking at my uncles matches today are realized that every one of his "match dates" was 7/17/2015. He is showing as a new match on my other kits. His DNA was done last October!

Not sure what it is all about!

Kathy

Leave a comment:

• loobster
    replied
    The problem I was trying to report was - the number of pages of matches (between looking on one date and looking on a later date) went up by a lot more than the number of pages of matches "New Since" (the former date) -- so how do I find the additional pages of matches -- or what happened?

Leave a comment:

• Katydid
    replied
    This is truly annoying. However, I noticed that if you choose the "New since..." option on the "Relation" drop-down menu and put in a recent date, it only shows the "real" recent matches and not the reprocessed (?) ones.

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
    Very annoying. Two pages of 'supposedly' new matches on 7/17 but upon studying them they are old matches...notes attached etc. The bad thing is not knowing if some of them are actually new.

Leave a comment:

• BBA64
    replied
    Guessing maybe they changed evaluation criteria and were re-running old matches? Darren mentioned they were testing out a new processing architecture. Why not do it with an old dataset (that is already backed up)? Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    I told Darren, at his request, about 3 June 3rd matches that wouldn't work in the chromosome browser, 2 for my mother's account and 1 for my cousin's. Now matches they had 3 or more years ago are showing up as "new" matches.

It appears that, instead of re-running the results of the 3 June 3rd matches that weren't working in the chromosome browser, they are re-running my family's kits! Or, do they have to re-run everyone in the whole database in order to fix whatever the problem was with the June 3rd kits?

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Very annoying. Two pages of 'supposedly' new matches on 7/17 but upon studying them they are old matches...notes attached etc. The bad thing is not knowing if some of them are actually new.

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    Please take a look at a thread from today http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=38179 False match notifications.

Some official explanation would be very nice... Otherwise, we are second guessing that the database is being redone/some kits re-processed/new and hopefully improved algorithm(s) applied.

Mr. W.

Leave a comment:

• loobster
    replied
    Periodically I run thru all the Kits I manage on a cursory basis, looking at new pages sorted by suggested Relationship Range, and checking to see if any relatives share the closer (usually looking mainly thru 2nd-4th cousin) new matches. Seems something has gone wrong.

for one Kit -- on 5/3/2015 it had 482 Pages of Matches; on June 15, 2015 it had 502 pages of Matches, with 19 pages new since 5/3/2015 - so far okay - 502 - 482 = 20, but might be a partial page, so will accept 19 -- BUT -
    July 18, 2015 it had 515 pages of Matches, said 7 new since 6/15/2015 -- 515 - 502 = 13 pages - so WHY ONLY 7 new??

This discrepancy between Current Pages of Matches Minus Pages of Matches Last Time VERSUS Pages of New Matches (since Last Time) is typical of the well over half-dozen Kits I manage. Anybody else seeing this? Am I missing a good explanation, or is it a definite bug??

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by prairielad View Post
    they are in the process of fixing the matches/kits that were released on June 3rd that do not work with the chromosome browser (missing segment data)

Most likely rerunning these kits, which by default would give recent match date. Could they have kept the old date, probably, but....
    That was my initial thought but I only four or five matches on June 3. I had two full pages of matches with the match date as 6/26. Plus, some of those matches were very old matches...not recent ones. I have notes posted to them.

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    they are in the process of fixing the matches/kits that were released on June 3rd that do not work with the chromosome browser (missing segment data)

Most likely rerunning these kits, which by default would give recent match date. Could they have kept the old date, probably, but....

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    started a topic What is going on with the matches???

What is going on with the matches???

I received two pages of supposedly new matches today but they are not new matches at all. At first I was excited about all these new matches until I realized they were old matches even though the match date said 6/26/15.

WHAT IS GOING ON??
Working...
X