Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a brit with 8 Ff kits.

Comment

Received an email this morning about a new match, but after checking my account no new matches appear. And now the matches page doesn't even load (FamilyTreeDNA's database servers often seem very slow).

Comment

I just checked my own and my dads kits and both of us have 1 new match each and not the same person, still doesn't feel like these are from actual test results normally one or two at a time...

Comment

And now the issue became a mild annoyance, as I started being contacted by those who can see me, but I cannot see them...

I have just received a clarification that these were not Family Finder results. These were Ancestry transfers unlocked yesterday, on the 12th of May 2015.

W. (Mr.)
          Last edited by dna; 13 May 2015, 12:54 PM. Reason: Correction: Ancestry transfer, not Family Finder

Comment

No new matches for my kit since 4/29 either.
            My 1c1xr's kit posted on 4/29, it is unlocked, has been since 4/21 I think, she has had new matches as late as today. Several of those overlap me in the Chr browser and should also turn up on my matches but do not. That includes hers, I show up for her, but not the other way around.

Comment

ONE new match today...after two weeks. Not thrilled.

Comment

new matches

I got two today, none to 4/29. Still no response from my "contact form".

Comment

New matches seem to have started up again.
                  Still not seeing my cousin (I show up in her list) in my list.

I had a reply from 'Helpdesk' that they expect this to be resolved by the Wednesday May 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by jimjwilliamson View Post
                    New matches seem to have started up again.
                    Still not seeing my cousin (I show up in her list) in my list.

I had a reply from 'Helpdesk' that they expect this to be resolved by the Wednesday May 20th.
                    And nope.. still not fixed.

Comment

Not fixed

No it is not fixed..

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
                        No it is not fixed..
                        I still appear to have the same problem. Late last week or so, I heard it was expected to be finished today. If it is not fixed today, we should at least be given a revised expected time of completion today.

Having had some background with software, I can relate that some things take a long time to program. But it is a bit hard to conceive why correcting this particular bug - making one-way matches visible two-way - should take any longer than it has, when reportedly it has been so high on the company's priorities. If a bug like this takes weeks to fix, one almost has to wonder if there should be some kind of "Team B" to examine the situation - whether the difficulty lies in the initial code or if something is missing in an approach to fixing it. Some database work can be like calculus, where someone who gets it well will figure out a problem right away, but someone who doesn't get it quickly might spend a long time wandering. Or it might be a situation where someone is trying to unravel a knot created by a quick-and-dirty original coding. Whatever it is, taking multiple weeks to make one-way matches two-way doesn't look normal.

Reportedly there have been IT and customer service hiring plans for a few months, it seems. At some point we should expect dividends in terms of customer experiences and software stability.

Along those lines, I would also be interested in seeing occasional concrete status updates on the hiring initiative for IT and customer service described by Darren a month ago (and referred to long before that): http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37469

Comment

Originally posted by rr1 View Post
                          I still appear to have the same problem. Late last week or so, I heard it was expected to be finished today. If it is not fixed today, we should at least be given a revised expected time of completion today.

Having had some background with software, I can relate that some things take a long time to program. But it is a bit hard to conceive why correcting this particular bug - making one-way matches visible two-way - should take any longer than it has, when reportedly it has been so high on the company's priorities. If a bug like this takes weeks to fix, one almost has to wonder if there should be some kind of "Team B" to examine the situation - whether the difficulty lies in the initial code or if something is missing in an approach to fixing it. Some database work can be like calculus, where someone who gets it well will figure out a problem right away, but someone who doesn't get it quickly might spend a long time wandering. Or it might be a situation where someone is trying to unravel a knot created by a quick-and-dirty original coding. Whatever it is, taking multiple weeks to make one-way matches two-way doesn't look normal.

Reportedly there have been IT and customer service hiring plans for a few months, it seems. At some point we should expect dividends in terms of customer experiences and software stability.

Along those lines, I would also be interested in seeing occasional concrete status updates on the hiring initiative for IT and customer service described by Darren a month ago (and referred to long before that): http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37469
                          I was hoping that the Friday date was not a random one, but it was selected so the database run that must occur after new results are entered would cover both new results and the fix...

So now, I am waiting for the late evening...

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                            And now the issue became a mild annoyance, as I started being contacted by those who can see me, but I cannot see them...

I have just received a clarification that these were not Family Finder results. These were Ancestry transfers unlocked yesterday, on the 12th of May 2015.

W. (Mr.)
                            DNA

Do you know if this mean we will not be able to see a transfer from Ancestry who matches us, has paid the fee, and can see us. I contacted a new A# match on Gedmatch only to find out he has also recently tranfered his data to FTDNA and paid the fee. He sees me on FTDNA with about a 90 cM match and can also run "in common with" to find those others we both match. I have both higher and lower cM matches as well as closer and more distant relationships, so it is not because of an "email" setting. When I run "in common with" with a 90+ match I have that he also matches at 40+ cM, I still do not see him. All his matches with me and others he has sent me are all dated 4/29/2015.

Mike McG

Comment

Originally posted by Mike McG View Post
                              DNA

Do you know if this mean we will not be able to see a transfer from Ancestry who matches us, has paid the fee, and can see us. I contacted a new A# match on Gedmatch only to find out he has also recently tranfered his data to FTDNA and paid the fee. He sees me on FTDNA with about a 90 cM match and can also run "in common with" to find those others we both match. I have both higher and lower cM matches as well as closer and more distant relationships, so it is not because of an "email" setting. When I run "in common with" with a 90+ match I have that he also matches at 40+ cM, I still do not see him. All his matches with me and others he has sent me are all dated 4/29/2015.

Mike McG
                              Surely I hope so!

But that is just my guess, as I have no other association with FTDNA than only being their customer.

There was an unofficial message posted elsewhere in the forum, that the fix for matching is taking longer, and it should come tomorrow (Tuesday).

Mr. W.

Comment

I have the same problem. Been a couple weeks now. Sure hope they fix it. If not, I will ask for a refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X