Disappearing Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Matches

I was attempting to work with my 12 marker matches the other day and had to change my email notifications to allow them to be seen in my list of matches. Once I figured out what I needed to do to be able to see my matches, I did it. I navigated away from the page I wanted to be on to change the setting and then navigated back. Why not put a link on the page to quickly change the setting?

My problem now is that I have far fewer matches that I had before and specific matches that I was in the midst of researching, are completely gone. Disappeared from both my FF list and my Ydna list. This may or may not be a result of the changing of email preferences but I suspect it might be that.

Was there a change in the way the results are shown that I don't know about? Is there a glitch in the software? Was there a specific problem with my set of matches?

I emailed customer support and got no response, not even confirmation of receipt.

Originally posted by Kevino View Post
    I was attempting to work with my 12 marker matches the other day and had to change my email notifications to allow them to be seen in my list of matches. Once I figured out what I needed to do to be able to see my matches, I did it. I navigated away from the page I wanted to be on to change the setting and then navigated back. Why not put a link on the page to quickly change the setting?

My problem now is that I have far fewer matches that I had before and specific matches that I was in the midst of researching, are completely gone. Disappeared from both my FF list and my Ydna list. This may or may not be a result of the changing of email preferences but I suspect it might be that.

Was there a change in the way the results are shown that I don't know about? Is there a glitch in the software? Was there a specific problem with my set of matches?

I emailed customer support and got no response, not even confirmation of receipt.
    Does it show that you have 1000 Y STR matches ?

W. (Mr.)

Comment

I have 1000 12 marker matches but the ones that disappeared were 0 step and were also in my Family finder matches. They disappeared on the FF list too.

I also had 5 matches in the 25 marker category that were also in my FF list and all 5 went missing form my Y dna matches list. I have 301 matches on the 25 marker. 2 of the 5 went missing from the FF list.

It seems like the data was rerun and my matches "cleaned up" But I have no way of knowing. This is what I am trying to find out.

So frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevino View Post
        I have 1000 12 marker matches [----]
        That list never shows more than 1000 matches...

You have to go to Advanced to see more (select 12 markers, and 500 on a page).

Which matches are not shown? I had never investigated. It is a bug and FTDNA should had fixed it long time ago.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

The matches that I noticed that went missing were on the advanced match page. There were 5 the first time I ran a report, then I reran the same report and there where 3. Then I reran the same report again and then there where none.

Most of those missing matches also disappeared in my Family finder list of matches.

If there is good reason for this I would love to know it.

Comment

Kevin,

You disabled Speculative matches, that's why some FF matches disappeared. Go back to your Match & Email Settings page and select "Yes" for Speculative

Elise

Comment

I have the opposite issue. I have lots of new people on my match list with old match dates.

See my thread on the issue here:
              http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...679#post405679

Comment

Working...
              X