Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the forum think I speak Spanish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the forum think I speak Spanish?

All the headings in the forum are in Spanish. I know enough of the language to recognize the reason why I can't understand it. The messages are in English but navigating is a *****.

Heck, which button do I need to push to submit 'Envia' .. or 'Vista' ????

In the low left part of the page. Or to the left and slightly higher than Family Tree DNA - World Headquarters

Change from -- Espa to -- English (US).

Try other language settings too Why? Some users navigate the web pages in such a manner that they more often than the others accidentally switch the interface language.

W. (Mr.)

P.S. It can happen to anyone.

P.P.S. If you make the change while composing a message, it would be lost.

Comment

Muchas Gracias!

Muy bueno

Comment

It happens at random

I had the same thing happen, and it was definitely nothing I did. I see several other people have reported similar instances of the Forum language randomly changing. It's clearly some kind of bug or glitch.

Comment

I have to add mine shows Spanish too, and it's nothing I did. Sadly I don't understand Spanish so I used Google Translate!

Comment

I was suddenly switched to a different language some time back due to no input on my part. I don't know why that happens. It happens at 23andme for me, too, though it's not language. All of a sudden I'll have a different flag on my sign in page. Currently it's British for me, though it should be American, and I've been too lazy to change it. I should probably do that now that I'm thinking of it...

Comment

Mine is all in Spanish also. I speak fluent Spanish as a second language so it's good practice.

Comment

Working...
              X