Typeface change ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typeface change ?

Just to report that, as of today, the typeface on my YDNA and mtDNA reports has changed to something smaller and harder to read. Not sure if that was an intentional change or not.

The typeface on FF remains as it was and is easy to read.

~

On your keyboard press Control-0 (that is keys Control and 0 simultaneously).

If that does not help, press Control-+ (that is keys Control and + simultaneously, as many times you want until the font size is just right, if using plus sign from the same key as equal sign =, it is enough to press just that physical key, no need to press shift).

To reduce font size, press Control-- (that is keys Control and minus simultaneously, as many times you want until the font size is just right).

W.

P.S. I did not notice any change on my pages, that is why I offered the above advice.

Comment

Thanks DNA. Your suggestions might have been useful if the apparent font change had applied right across the site, but, as I wrote, it only looked different on my YDNA and mtDNA pages and not on my FF pages (which is why I thought some programming change might have been applied to the YDNA and mtDNA pages but not to FF).

Thanks anyway. I'll check it again after my next reload to see if it's cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by Caburn View Post
        Thanks DNA. Your suggestions might have been useful if the apparent font change had applied right across the site, but, as I wrote, it only looked different on my YDNA and mtDNA pages and not on my FF pages (which is why I thought some programming change might have been applied to the YDNA and mtDNA pages but not to FF).

Thanks anyway. I'll check it again after my next reload to see if it's cleared.
        Some browsers allow size changes to be confined to a page and do not propagate the size setting to everything served from the website.

There are also settings for minimum font sizes that can be problematic at times. Etc.

Difficult to guess... I tried to not offer an explanation, but just offer something that would temporarily solve the issue...

W.

Comment

Thanks again DNA.

It does indeed look as though it's something to do with my font or encoding settings, as I've just noticed the same effect on another (non-FTDNA) site, although what might have triggered it I've no idea. I've checked all the settings and they look the same as ever so I'll need to investigate.

Comment

Update: it turned out to be a font encoding change, possibly triggered when I updated some word-processing software a couple of days ago. For some reason it affected Chrome but not IE and needed to be re-set in two places within Chrome before the change took effect.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X