X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irishadmin
    replied
    Edit SAVE finally fixed!

The Edit SAVE for the Welcome email finally appears to be fixed. (I have been checking daily, and it was still broken yesterday, 14 January, PDT). It has only taken a month and two days since I first reported it to finally fix something that was properly functioning and then broken and ignored. I stand by my previous comments below. --ahb

Originally posted by irishadmin View Post
    As of today (5 Jan 2015) the broken SAVE is not fixed. In early December I first reported that the Welcome Email "Send Test Email" button was not functioning (although at the time I could not rule out my email provider). Several days later it seemed to be working, but the "Save" button for the Welcome Email no longer worked (despite telling me it did so). That was immediately reported on 12 Dec. to the Help Desk. The Save function had previously been working. "Save" now responds that the updated Welcome Email has been updated, but of course, as reported in this thread, it was not. It should be pointed out that this particular problem is only apparent to project administrators whom it affects, and the FTDNA standard bug report from users with a kit number is inappropriate for reporting such an issue. There should be a separate bug report from project administrators who by and large would be expected to be somewhat knowledgeable. And a HIGH PRIORITY should be assigned to fixing things that were working and have been inadvertently broken. I would like to suggest that all administrators reporting a bug should immediately be notified of the fix when it's been made and be asked to confirm that things appear to be working properly. That would probably improve the quality assurance somewhat which now seems to be totally lacking. -- ahb
    Last edited by irishadmin; 15 January 2015, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• irishadmin
    replied
    Still not fixed 5 Jan-reported 12 Dec !

As of today (5 Jan 2015) the broken SAVE is not fixed. In early December I first reported that the Welcome Email "Send Test Email" button was not functioning (although at the time I could not rule out my email provider). Several days later it seemed to be working, but the "Save" button for the Welcome Email no longer worked (despite telling me it did so). That was immediately reported on 12 Dec. to the Help Desk. The Save function had previously been working. "Save" now responds that the updated Welcome Email has been updated, but of course, as reported in this thread, it was not. It should be pointed out that this particular problem is only apparent to project administrators whom it affects, and the FTDNA standard bug report from users with a kit number is inappropriate for reporting such an issue. There should be a separate bug report from project administrators who by and large would be expected to be somewhat knowledgeable. And a HIGH PRIORITY should be assigned to fixing things that were working and have been inadvertently broken. I would like to suggest that all administrators reporting a bug should immediately be notified of the fix when it's been made and be asked to confirm that things appear to be working properly. That would probably improve the quality assurance somewhat which now seems to be totally lacking. -- ahb

Originally posted by efgen View Post
    I don't know how long ago you reported the original issue, but perhaps your email got caught up in the holiday sale backlog? Customer Support is doing their best to catch up on the backlog, but they're really swamped.

In any case, I just noticed today that Janine, our Groups Liaison, has reported to IT that there's still an issue with the Welcome email not saving.

I can't tell you exactly when this will be fixed since IT works on bugs based on priority and other factors, but the fact that it has been reported is at least a start.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    I don't know how long ago you reported the original issue, but perhaps your email got caught up in the holiday sale backlog? Customer Support is doing their best to catch up on the backlog, but they're really swamped.

In any case, I just noticed today that Janine, our Groups Liaison, has reported to IT that there's still an issue with the Welcome email not saving.

I can't tell you exactly when this will be fixed since IT works on bugs based on priority and other factors, but the fact that it has been reported is at least a start.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• sbarr10
    replied
    not fixed

Please report this issue to Customer Support so that it can be properly documented and reported to IT. Posting it here on the forum won't get it fixed

http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx

Elise
    Please report this issue to Customer Support so that it can be properly documented and reported to IT. Posting it here on the forum won't get it fixed

Elise
    I *DID* report the bug through the main feedback and got absolutely no response. Since the bug continued I reported it here, and I will continue to do so whenever I find a bug. Tell FTDNA to improve its response to submitted support requests if you don't want me posting bugs here.

I did try the GAP I/F just now, clearing out the cache of two browsers (Firefox and Chrome) and still get the same problem.

Guess I'll report the same bug by submitting feedback, but I don't know why I bother since I never got a response for the first submission.

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Actually, a bug with the Welcome email was just fixed within the last hour, so please see if your issue is now resolved.

If your issue is still not resolved, please submit the issue to Customer Support.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied

Elise

Leave a comment:

• sbarr10
    replied
    maybe a fix in progress?

Not getting "HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM" but getting this screen dump instead.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ELinq.QueryParamet erExpression.TryGetFieldOrPropertyValue(MemberExpr ession me, Object instance, Object& memberValue) +335
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ELinq.QueryParamet erExpression.TryEvaluatePath(Expression expression, ConstantExpression& constantExpression) +404
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ELinq.QueryParamet erExpression.EvaluateParameter(Object[] arguments) +126
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ELinq.ELinqQuerySt ate.GetExecutionPlan(Nullable`1 forMergeOption) +1413
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.<>c__DisplayClass7 .<GetResults>b__6() +39
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.Exec uteInTransaction(Func`1 func, IDbExecutionStrategy executionStrategy, Boolean startLocalTransaction, Boolean releaseConnectionOnSuccess) +534
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.<>c__DisplayClass7 .<GetResults>b__5() +239
    System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.DefaultSqlExecutionSt rategy.Execute(Func`1 operation) +263
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetR esults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption) +368
    System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.<Sys tem.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerat or>b__0() +11
    System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyEnumerator`1.MoveN ext() +50
    System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault(IEnumerable` 1 source) +247
    System.Linq.Queryable.FirstOrDefault(IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate) +490
    my_gap_welcome_email.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +897
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Leave a comment:

• sbarr10
    started a topic Welcome Email editing not working

Welcome Email editing not working

I administer three DNA projects. For two of them if I try editing the Welcome Email, click the Save Email button, navigate away and come back to the Welcome Email, the edits are NOT SAVED. For the third project, if I click to edit the Welcome Email I get HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Edits for other project data, such as the project profile, appear to work.
Working...
X