Mystery reward not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery reward not working

Hi, when i click on the mystery reward box i get an error.
    Anybody else with this problem?

They fixed it

Comment

Is Mystery Reward randomly changing if not used immediately?
      I logged into my mother's profile and was surprised to see 100$ of Big Y!
      After logging into several other accounts I control with nothing more than 10$ off I retuned to my mother's and saw something different - 5$ off all purchases!
      Luckily, I have saved the screenshot and tried the old coupon code on my brother and it was working.
      If you see a big discount, remember the coupon code before closing the screen.

Comment

What do you mean you opened the profile? I got the reward link on my email only. I have two accounts with the same email and got 1 reward only. I didn't noticed anything on the account page. Can you tell me where it is ?

Comment

Yes, you can see the reward for each individual when you log in the profile.
          You see a red frame "Mystery Reward" above right.
          However I had a problem in Chrome browser of not seeing this first. Then you need to clear history and cookies and it is visible.

Comment

I also have multiple kits using the one email, only got 1 email offer using that address. But all the kits had a 'Gift' when I logged in via web browser. Needed to refresh/clear the browser cache (Ctrl+F5) with Firefox, but didn't have to in IE or Chrome.

Either $5 or $10 offers so far, and offers remaining the same each login, so not seeing any sign "Mystery Reward randomly changing if not used immediately"

Comment

Originally posted by grahcom View Post
              [----] offers remaining the same each login, so not seeing any sign "Mystery Reward randomly changing if not used immediately"
              The FTDNA announcement claimed that the offer would change weekly.

W.

Comment

dna - yes I was aware of that, I was just responding to eastara who saw an offer change after re-logging into his mothers account re 100$ of Big Y offer changing to $5 off offer.

Comment

Originally posted by grahcom View Post
                  I also have multiple kits using the one email, only got 1 email offer using that address.
                  Have since received 1 more email offer to the address, this time it's a $50 off BigY coupon.

Comment

Can you use in a new kit of it has to be an upgrade

I wanted to get some FF kits, that is all I can afford now. I think the sale is not that great, $10 off on FF...I remember it was $79 at one time.

Anyway, the $cash off we can as reward can probably only be used on upgrades right? I mean, I probably will not get any $cash off for FF to be used on another kit...what do you all think?

Comment

There are some FF participants that I want to upgrade to Big Y. I already know their haplogroup already because either their brother or 1st cousin has been tested, but I fear the brother or cousins DNA may be nearly exhausted, so the most logical option is to get the Big Y for someone who should have a lot of DNA left over.

Anyhow, on those who haven't done the Y test, I don't see Big Y as an option for upgrade.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
                        on those who haven't done the Y test, I don't see Big Y as an option for upgrade.
                        Right, normally a standard Y-DNA test needs to be done before Big Y will be offered as an upgrade.

I believe exceptions can be made in cases like yours, where you already have a close relative who has taken the Y-DNA test. You'll need to go through Customer Support, explain the situation, and if the exception can be made, they'll place the order for you. Make sure you tell them about any coupons you plan to use before the order is placed

Elise

Comment

Working...
                        X