My FTDNA matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My FTDNA matches

I have 79 exact 12 marker matches and 375 25 marker matches. Most of these matches are still M269 and P311. I would like FTDNA to encourage these men to test for their terminal SNP. There is no point putting matches on my homepage that are M269. I want to see the testers who are closest to me in haplotype and SNP. Otherwise,it is pointless and I am wasting my time and money. I will not be able to resolve my family history by dna testing. It has been eight long years since I first tested and it is time that some people wakened up to reality. It is long past the time for the time wasters to move on or forget about it.

There is an option in your FTDNA account settings to ignore yDNA matches at any level you think is insignificant. If you change that setting to ignore matches at 12 and 25 markers, they won't show up on your Matches page. In that case, you'll only see matches at 37 markers or higher.

You might consider using that setting in your account. Many testers choose to use this option, since in R1b subclades, as you've noted, many matches at 12 and 25 markers aren't even in the same subclade.

Comment

And they will not see you

Comment

You may never resolve your family history with DNA. But how are these men time wasters. They may have done the tests, and have found what they were looking for, and don't need any further information on their YDNA. So they don't need or want to spend anymore money on testing.

Some of them might even have died since their tests were run, so they can't do anything more.

Comment

Originally posted by keigh View Post
          You may never resolve your family history with DNA. But how are these men time wasters. They may have done the tests, and have found what they were looking for, and don't need any further information on their YDNA. So they don't need or want to spend anymore money on testing.
          FTDNA could offer a terminal SNP test with every 67 marker test as a bonus. We should be able to filter our matches by subgroup on our home page as well. If anyone has resolved their family history with a 12 marker test without SNPs then he will be the first to do so. Why aren't we able to see the markers of our matches on our homepages?

Comment

Originally posted by keigh View Post

Some of them might even have died since their tests were run, so they can't do anything more.
            I am sorry if that is the case. I did not intend to hurt anyone who has lost a relative.
            The matches that I was referring to are those who match at 12 and 25 but have SNP M269 as their status. I reckon that M269 could be as old as 13,500 ybp so that is not really of any use to me for my family history.

Comment

Working...
            X