New Project Link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project Link?

At one time we could put a surname in the "Project Search" box and get a list of projects including that surname. I just tried it for "Stultz" and was taken to a page that reported there were 7 kits with that surname but it didn't list any projects and it no longer provide a link to request a new project.

Is this another broken page or has FTDNA stopped accepting new request for projects?

It's still working as normal for me.

Earl.

Comment

There's a link to the new project application at the bottom of the main Projects page -- next to last sentence.

Direct link:

http://www.familytreedna.com/project-application.aspx

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Davis View Post
        It's still working as normal for me.

Earl.
        Earl,

If I enter Sultz in the search it works the way I liked it. If I enter Stultz it doesn't. Maybe there is a Stultz project. If there is it isn't listed.

Originally posted by efgen View Post
        There's a link to the new project application at the bottom of the main Projects page -- next to last sentence.

Direct link:

http://www.familytreedna.com/project-application.aspx

Elise
        Elise,

Thanks. It might help if the line containing the link was bold to make it stand out.

Is there a Stultz project? If not it would be nice if we would get the same notice we get for Sultz. 1. Search for a project. 2. None found. 3. Request one! That seems to beat having the link hidden at the bottom of the project page. It did work that way not too long ago.

Comment

New Projects

I've submitted requests twice now for a new Family Finder Project, Jan 2014 & again in Jun 2014. Have yet to even receive a response. At one time, they weren't accepting new projects, but that was only supposed to be until Mar 2014, and now here we are almost Nov.

Additional comment regarding searching for a project.

I adm. the "Carrico Family" project which is for those who have taken the Family Finder test. There is also a Carrico project (different adm.) for those who have taken the YDNA test.

In order to find my project, one has to change the default setting of "Equals" to "Contains", yet even then, my project will be listed but there will be no link to the project unless the person searching is logged in to their kit.

Makes it difficult for people to not only find my project, but get to my projects public page if they haven't as yet tested at FTDNA. How can I talk people into testing if they can't find me?

Comment

No project requests are being processed

In another thread, 46 hours ago, TaylorT who is a Moderator here explained:
            Originally posted by TaylorT View Post
            Hi afhair61,

If you click on the 'Projects' tab at FamilyTreeDNA.com and scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll find a section that says:
            If you are interested in starting a new project with Family Tree DNA, please click
            here

Click where it says 'Click Here' to submit a project application. At this time we are not processing applications but we are maintaining them so that we can address them when myGroups is released in full in the coming weeks.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team as Jim suggested.
            (Bold/red added by me.)

Comment

Working...
            X