Ancestry.com GEDCOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry.com GEDCOM

I've tried uploading my gedcom that I exported from Ancestry.com.
    Each time it only show me, my two sons and my wife. On my wife's side it then shows her father. Nothing more on my side. On my side there should be several generations of data.
    I've opened the GEDCOM in a text editor, and there is data in there - but FTDNA is not showing it.

Any tricks anyone knows?

Cheers
    DJ

Have you tried opening/uploading/importing the gedcom into another family tree program or web site? This will let you know the gedcom is ok or not.

Comment

Originally posted by grahcom View Post
      Have you tried opening/uploading/importing the gedcom into another family tree program or web site? This will let you know the gedcom is ok or not.
      Ah thanks - can't believe I didn't think of that. I tried exporting a GEDCOM from Family Tree Maker - that worked perfect. So something about exporting the gedcom from Ancestry.com that it didn't like. Some viewer I downloaded off the internet had the same problem, so it was definitely the gedcom at fault.

Cheers

Comment

No worries, I've found gedcoms d/l from Ancestry usually have some quirky problems, so I import trees from Ancestry into my Roots Magic tree program (make any changes if I need to) then export gedcom to upload. Glad to hear your problems solved.

Comment

Working...
        X