Ordering an Upgrade button now gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering an Upgrade button now gone

Why has FTDNA made it much more difficult for folks to order SNP testing?

Haplogroup Admins have always referred folks to their homepage "Order an Upgrade" button in order to do individualized SNP testing, but this button is now missing.

Now, one must go through their haplotree, and at the bottom of the page click on the link for advanced tests.

In addition, I cannot find any way to order the Big Y test.

Why must you take something that is currently working and "break" it??

The upgrade button is there but it's been moved and is much less prominent. I just had difficulty finding it this morning. It's on the top right of the member's personal page just next to their kit number and name.

Comment

Originally posted by Wing_Genealogis View Post
      Why must you take something that is currently working and "break" it??
      Exactly. With so many things already broken, you'd think FTDNA IT would have plenty enough to do without fiddling constantly with the myFTDNA pages.

We could also ask: why make the upgrade link tiny and hard to find when it's a revenue generating function?

Anyway, there it is on the top right of the screen with a shopping cart symbol beside it.

As for Big Y, I don't know where they have hidden it. Their related help text is now out of date. No process quality control at FTDNA IT!

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...testing/big-y/

Comment

https://my.familytreedna.com/other-results-home.aspx?

Comment

That shows me a link to the results page. What we are seeking is a link to the order page.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
            We could also ask: why make the upgrade link tiny and hard to find when it's a revenue generating function?
            That was my first reaction to the new home page layout: Why would any store hide the checkout counter?

Comment

Originally posted by Wing_Genealogis View Post
              Haplogroup Admins have always referred folks to their homepage "Order an Upgrade" button in order to do individualized SNP testing, but this button is now missing.

Now, one must go through their haplotree, and at the bottom of the page click on the link for advanced tests.
              I feel it's best to ask them to log in to their account and then go to https://www.familytreedna.com/upgrad...V&category=SNP

To me it's a lot easier than asking them to go to the their haplotree, and at the bottom of the page click on the link for advanced tests because so many people completely miss the link to the advanced SNP order form and it causes us to explain where it is multiple times.

Comment

Working...
              X