Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full mtDNA sequencing completed, but no results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full mtDNA sequencing completed, but no results?

I don't think I've ever seen this before.

Yesterday, 10 project members were suddenly listed as MiFMSNGS completed. This refers to full mitochondrial sequencing using a next-generation sequencing technique. The 10 project members had all ordered full mitochondrial sequencing a long time ago, so I was glad that those tests were finally complete.

But they weren't! The actual coding-region results and subhaplogroup assignments never appeared. Perhaps they will show up today, but I thought it odd that the MiFMSNGS notice was posted without the actual results. Again, I don't think I've ever seen the two separated before.

fullsequence completed but no results

Hi,

My completed results date was 6/25/2014 but no results as of yet.

Comment

Larry -- I'm checking on the 10 in the Polish project.

Peeceful -- Can you send me your kit number via private msg so I can check on yours too?

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
        Larry -- I'm checking on the 10 in the Polish project.
        One of the 10 may now be correct; the other 9 look even more bizarre than before. I think that their accounts have been filled with the coding region of the rCRS.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
          One of the 10 may now be correct; the other 9 look even more bizarre than before. I think that their accounts have been filled with the coding region of the rCRS.
          Perhaps most disturbing is that their accounts falsely claim that the test is complete, when in fact they have not yet gotten anything for their money.

Comment

Perhaps most disturbing is that their accounts falsely claim that the test is complete, when in fact they have not yet gotten anything for their money.
            Oh shoot, these aren't fixed yet? I sent an email about them last week. I'll find out what's going on with them and get back to you.

Elise

Comment

Oh shoot, these aren't fixed yet?
              No, nothing has been done.
              I'll find out what's going on with them and get back to you.
              Thank you!

Comment

No, nothing has been done.

Thank you!
                These are the kit numbers that remain affected:
                N42444

Comment

This can't keep happening.

Elise,

You are great- my concerns are in no way an indictment of your efforts at all. Yourself, Lisa, and Michelle (and Rebekah), have all tried very hard to deal with issues that have come forth on this forum. But FTDNA has fundamental issues not isolated to one specific area.

This cannot continue. The customers have a vested interest in the level of service and the veracity of the results that FTDNA provides, and there have been far too many errors made by the lab and in dealing with them on a basic customer service level in recent times.

We all sit back and say, "mistakes happen", "they're trying their best", but this simply isn't good enough.

Now the Krahns have started a campaign claiming that "other companies"are reporting the incorrect palindromic on DYS464.

Recently, entire batches have been mixed up and the results have been projected onto the wrong people thus giving false matches, haplogroups, and hopes. The content of this thread only illustrates the weak spots of testing.

Someone needs to turn this ship around. I really feel for Igmayka's group, this is just irresponsible business.

Again, this is not an indictment of your efforts, but enough is enough. I have gone on to outside sources to verify my results that were recently returned in FTDNA, and for now, I recommend that everyone else do the same. The batch errors that were made never would have been identified by the lab if it were not for savvy customers calling them out. This concerns me, and should call into question any strange results that some people may have recently received.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Igmayka, but reading about all of these issues is really beginning to disturb me (and the lack of improvement).

Comment

Oh shoot, these aren't fixed yet? I sent an email about them last week. I'll find out what's going on with them and get back to you.
                    Larry,

Apparently IT has to resolve this issue. I'll try to get another update for you tomorrow or Monday, although you might hear from Janine or Michelle first since they seem to be tracking the issue.

Elise

Comment

Working...
                    X