No announcement yet.

Hoston Problem Still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see them switch to a pedigree view like Ancesty has. It makes it a lot easier to follow lines and a whole lot easier to count generations!

Comment

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
      I would love to see them switch to a pedigree view like Ancesty has. It makes it a lot easier to follow lines and a whole lot easier to count generations!
      I agree.

the current setup is too cumbersome to view at 9 levels!

Comment

On those occasions when the pedigree actually displays, I have no trouble viewing it, even at 9 generations. However, I would prefer to see the pedigree in a form that can be printed. Not only does the current display potentially extend to, say, 20 times the ordinary width of the application window, it also shows dates and places, if at all, only if the cursor hovers over a name, one ancestor at a time.

The problem of displaying the relevant information in a pedigree chart within the boundaries of a "normal" application window has been solved very simply by GEDmatch and some other genealogy software. The trick is to display the tree reading from left to right, rather than from the top down. This change in orientation exploits the vertical axis of the application window, which is easy to print. Another approach is the Ahnentafel, if clearly labeled, but I anticipate that many customers are relatively new to genealogy and will have trouble with the concept when they see it for the first time.

Comment

Let us hope that they drop the 9 level limit with the next release.

Comment

Is it fixed now?

I tried a couple of trees and didn't get the "Houston" page! I actually got to view trees! Let's hope it's fixed!!!

The former problem that began months earlier, where all the locations in a person's tree are "unknown" apparently hasn't been fixed yet???

Comment

Could open gedcoms on new matches that came in this week, but still ending up in Houston for some older matches.

This is taking an inordinately long time to fix. If you canĀ“t fix the problem then at least do us the courtesy of providing a sensible error message and get rid of the annoying Houston page.

Comment

Working...
              X