X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsm
    replied
    Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
    CTS4528 is indeed downstream from L151, so anyone who is CTS4528+ should also be L151+ unless a recent back-mutation has occurred.

Which page of your account shows you as L151- ? The Haplotree & SNPs page, or the Big Y Results page?
    The SNPs page with the coloured tree. See this trimmed page to see what I mean. (PS all other CTS4528 folk I have spoken to show L151+ )

http://www.southbalticmodalhaplotype...m-ftdna-tree-1

DSM

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    CTS4528 is indeed downstream from L151, so anyone who is CTS4528+ should also be L151+ unless a recent back-mutation has occurred.

Which page of your account shows you as L151- ? The Haplotree & SNPs page, or the Big Y Results page?

Leave a comment:

• dsm
    replied
    YFull contradicts Big-Y displayed result for L151

Just got access to the YFull.org analysis of Big-Y for kit 249898. YFull says L151 is +ve (ftDNA login SNP charts says L151 is -ve).

So YFull seem to agree with Natgeno2's analysis (uncle's kit N115374).

Question remains is what ftDNA is reporting (L151-ve) the error ?.

DSM

Leave a comment:

• dsm
    started a topic Raising doubts about snp L151 results

Raising doubts about snp L151 results

My test is Big-Y and shows me negative for L151 - my login page shows R-CTS4528.

10 months ago I had my uncle's DNA tested through Natgeo2 a cross check to my then ftDNA-67 marker + added deep-clade testing. I transferred his Natgeo2 data to ftDNA in 2013.

His ftDNA login page shows him as R-CTS4528 but lists him as L151+

My Big-Y is of course from Feb 2014. What this tells me is all things being equal (we are both the very rare R-CTS4528) that the test for L151 at Natgeo2 can and appears to have produced different results to the test for L151 at ftDNA.

I will pass this on to Customer Support but am raising this as a warning. (I had been in discussions with some others about starting an L151 project but we have dropped the idea partly due to this anomaly).

DSM

Kit N115374 L151+
    Kit 249898 L151-
Working...
X