Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support = No Support?

Hello All -

I am new to family tree DNA (just mailed back my swabs).

Last week on the 28th and 30th I posted a couple of questions to customer support and received email confirmation back with a ticket number. I wanted to ask a few questions to FTDNA before purchasing.

It's now been 8 days and nothing on either question. Is this the status quo with FTDNA and letting support question go unanswered?

Hi there,

Customer Support answers ALL email, but is totally swamped right now. We just had two big product/feature roll-outs, and they have generated a ton of email. So you will definitely get a response, but it may take a good couple weeks.

If you need an immediate response, you can call Customer Support using the Sales number on the Contact page:

http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx

You can also try to post your questions here, if it's something you think experienced customers or project admins may be able to answer for you.

Regards,
    Elise

Comment

From a different forum posting....

On 5 APR 2014 someone sent in a request to the help desk, and they assigned it id #58887

On 2 MAY 2014 someone sent in a request to the help desk, and they assigned it id #66762.

IF they are consecutively numbering these help requests, then they have received at least 7,875 help requests in about 4 weeks.

If this is accurate, it is no wonder many folks are not receiving a timely response from them.

Comment

Sorry folks - but poor planning prior to a new product rollout is not an acceptable excuse, just a statement of poor planning.

Originally posted by efgen View Post
        Hi there,

Customer Support answers ALL email, but is totally swamped right now. We just had two big product/feature roll-outs, and they have generated a ton of email. So you will definitely get a response, but it may take a good couple weeks.

If you need an immediate response, you can call Customer Support using the Sales number on the Contact page:

You can also try to post your questions here, if it's something you think experienced customers or project admins may be able to answer for you.

Regards,
        Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
          Hi there,

Regards,
          Elise
          A couple of weeks for a response? Great way to run a company.

I have already been waiting a few weeks for a simple e-mail.
          Funny how they still have time to send out e-mail on the latest deals etc...

How about transfering some resources to customer support which i can imagine is swamped with requests to fix what people have paid good money for.

Nothing works for me ,no ancestrial origins,no matches,no haplogroup origins,no nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X