MyOrigins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyOrigins

I manage 3 kits, one is mine, one is my husband and the other my uncle. All 3 are showing the same myorigins results with my name on all three.

My Origins

Originally posted by sboyer View Post
    I manage 3 kits, one is mine, one is my husband and the other my uncle. All 3 are showing the same myorigins results with my name on all three.
    I am actually experiencing the same thing.

Comment

Yes, I see the same thing. The first kit I display shows the correct MyOrigins, then I "log out" and then "log in" to another kit, and I get the MyOrigins for the first kit, even if I refresh the screen. This result was seen with IE 11 on Windows 7. Evidently "logging out" failed to empty or close whatever cache, buffers, etc. may exist for the current session.

Comment

I manage six kits and the same thing is happening to me. I was able to get around it by:

(1) Logging out
        (2) Clearing my browser history for today
        (3) Closing then reopening my browser
        (4) Logging in for new kit

Comment

I had a similar problem about a month ago when I started using a new computer. No matter which kit I logged onto, I always got the FF matches for the first kit I had viewed that day. It turns out the default for Internet Explorer on my new computer was to never check for newer versions of a stored page. I changed it to always check and it hasn't been a problem since, at least for FF matches. I' not using the new computer now, so I can't check myOrigins.

Susan

Comment

Same thing was happening to me this morning so I would log out and even exit FTDNA and then come back onto FT and log in. This seemed to help.

Comment

Mine worked ok in Safari, it that helps. I logged out of one account and got the other results right away by logging into the next account. No clearing browser history or anything.

Comment

same problem

Having the same problem. I was able to fix it the first time with logging out and then back in but now nothing will fix it.

Comment

In FF I have 7 matches (1 female of mixed ancestry of European and Asian, 1 female Vietnamese and 5 Filipinos). My PF result also indicated East Asian (Southeast Asian) about 80%, East Asian 14% and Oceania 6%, with very high margins of error (more or less 15% each, except for Oceania which is about 1.5%).

Now my MyOrigins result tells me I am 100% East Asian, and I have only 1 match (100% East Asian). What happened to my other 6 FF matches?

Also, my different admixture tests at GEDMATCH show consistent South Asian component between 6-12%, depending on the test used. My matches at GEDMATCH indicate diverse ancestries, how come I am 100% East Asian in MyOrigins?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse1961 View Post
                    Now my MyOrigins result tells me I am 100% East Asian, and I have only 1 match (100% East Asian). What happened to my other 6 FF matches?
                    Your myOrigins matches will only be which of your FF matches that are close to you myOrigins results. So if your FF matches aren't close to your 100% East Asian they won't show up as myOrigin matches.

Comment

Which means my 100% East Asian myOrigins result is not accurate at all because the other 6 matches were excluded for being not 100% East Asian?

Comment

Your matches only show up in myOrigins if they are "Distant" or "Close" Family Finder matches. Family Finder "Speculative" matches will not show up. MyOrigins has nothing to do with trying to match other 100% East Asian matches to you, it just reports any of your Family Finder matches' Origins readings, if they are not speculative, and they are not opted out.

Matt.

Comment

THIS IS A BUG!! Having logged on to one kit, in order to see the myOrigins results of another Kit I had to close the Browser, re-open, then log in to the next Kit. Had to do repeatedly. Thought maybe it was because I was away, using a computer on an old Browser system. But sounds like more general problem.

Try and see if closing Browser and re-opening works for others as well.

It seems -- Programmers need to Program so LogOut also logs out of MyOrigins.

Comment

Working...
                          X