GEDCOM file with international letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEDCOM file with international letters

I have detected that some pedigree charts show the Swedish letters Å, Ä, Ö as ö, ä, etc. This does not happen to all pedigree charts, just some of them. My best guess is that it happens to those of us who upload our GEDCOM files with UTF character encoding. This is a typical web page problem but can be easily solved by detecting the codification of the text being printed on the web page.

It would be nice to have this fixed. Normally when I find a pedigree chart with this problem, I just skip it. It's very difficult to get something out of it.

Thanks!

----------
    UPDATE: I changed the encoding of my GEDCOM from UTF8 to ANSII and uploaded it, it now shows swedish characters correctly. This proves that the problem is with GEDCOM files uploaded as UTF8.
    Last edited by jonr; 22 April 2014, 04:38 PM. Reason: Uploaded GEDCOM as ANSII

Im new to Family finder and I have problems getting my uploaded Gedcom show correct Swedish characters. I have no clue how to make it work. How do I save my textile in ANSI-format from Word for OSX?

Comment

I'm on windows and opened the GEDCOM file with the free text editor Notepad++, it has got an option in the menu to convert to ANSII. Then save the file and upload it.

I don't know of there's a Notepad++ version for OSX.

Comment

Working...
      X