'BANKING' DNA Samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'BANKING' DNA Samples

I may be reflecting my ignorance here and request some help.

As members of my groups and I age in place, the question arises about being able to 'bank' our DNA for future testing. Already some of our members have passed, and we have no alternative source for their DNA.

Does FTDNA have a 'banking' scheme especially in the case of elderly members to save their DNA for future testing ?

Some of my members would be willing to pay for the privilege of having their DNA available for future testing !

HELP !

It is my understanding that as a customer you can request additional sample vials. You might call to get the most current answer.

Be sure that others have access to the account. FTDNA provides for this through their "Beneficiary" program. Go to your myFTDNA home page, hover over the "My Account" tab and select "Beneficiary Information" from the drop down list. They don't appear to be asking for nor providing as much information as they did the last time I looked.

Right under the "Welcome" they provide hours for the call center, but they fail to include the phone number. Help us out Rebekah.
    Last edited by Jim Barrett; 27 January 2014, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Use the sales number, and remember the office has new hours.

Family Tree DNA
      Gene By Gene, Ltd.

World Headquarters
      1445 North Loop West, Suite 820 Houston, Texas 77008, USA
      Sales: (713) 868-1438
      Fax : (832) 201-7147
      General Inquiries: [email protected]
      Media Inquiries: [email protected]

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      It is my understanding that as a customer you can request additional sample vials. You might call to get the most current answer.

Be sure that others have access to the account. FTDNA provides for this through their "Beneficiary" program. Go to your myFTDNA home page, hover over the "My Account" tab and select "Beneficiary Information" from the drop down list. They don't appear to be asking for nor providing as much information as they did the last time I looked.

Right under the "Welcome" they provide hours for the call center, but they fail to include the phone number. Help us out Rebekah.

Comment

If they are male, have them take the y-DNA 12 marker test. If they are female, have them take the cheapest mtDNA test available. This will at least get them in the system. Once there, they can be upgraded at a future date & yes, ask for additional vials. Be sure they have a beneficiary.

I emphasize the cheapest test because most of us are on limited budgets & can only afford to spend so much. By focusing on the cheaper tests, we can get more people banked into the system.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Working...
        X