GAP autosomal DNA feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAP autosomal DNA feature request

I posted this in another part of the forum but it should have gone here.

This is a request in the GAP interface for autosomal DNA data management.

Under Genetic Reports | Illumina OmniExpress Results is a list of autosomal DNA project members.

I need a quick way to download the CM data for each member. Currently, for each member, I have to click the arrow under Run Report, then from the member's screen click the button "Download all CM data for member" then repeat for each member in the results list.

It's bad enough now with some three dozen members in one project, but these projects are exploding in size. There is no way I can repeat these steps for 1000 members or even 100 because each time somebody joins the project the CM data of several members could be affected, thus necessitating another download of each member.

So from the Illumina OmniExpress Results I need a way to easily download all the CM data in one shot. For example, if there were a file list of all the CM files for which I can specify a download directory on to my computer, that would be great. I could click "Download" and the downloading of all these files would be automatic, for dozens or hundreds of members, as long as I don't disturb my computer. There should be an option to click to overwrite what is already in the download directory.

Another possibility would be to, in addition to making the individual downloads available like they are now, automatically provide all the CM files in a giant zip or gz which I could then download and extract.

Thanks so much for listening.

Originally posted by sbarr10 View Post
    I need a quick way to download the CM data for each member. Currently, for each member, I have to click the arrow under Run Report, then from the member's screen click the button "Download all CM data for member" then repeat for each member in the results list....
    Hi,

I can see where this would be most helpful and useful. Do you think it would be better to have a single bulk comparison download, or to let you pick those you wish to download from a list?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
      Hi,

I can see where this would be most helpful and useful. Do you think it would be better to have a single bulk comparison download, or to let you pick those you wish to download from a list?
      Hi Rebekah,

You can see some examples of what we're trying to do here:
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....osomeTable.htm

This is only with about 36 people, and with symmetric relationships (if A matches B then B matches A) removed.

The goal here is eventually identify the "Driscoll" segments shared amongst project members, but I anticipate we are going to need on the order of thousands of members to do it.

So - maybe the bulk comparison download would be best?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X