Merge multiple accounts under one login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merge multiple accounts under one login

I know this has been mentioned before, but many people test multiple family members with FTDNA. I manage many accounts here and with other testing services. It is inconvenient to login seperately with each individual with different logins and password. It would be nice if FTDNA at least provided to option to check all accounts under one login. 23andme has this feature. Because of this, I check 23andme much more frequently because it's simple to check all my new matches for various tests all at one.

Ancestry.com allows this as well. I just upgraded two existing samples on FTDNA to family finder due to the sale. However, if these samples were on filen with the other two companies I would have upgraded with them because it is much easier to check all of my matches without having to manage multiple logins and passwords.

Please seriously consider making this an option with FTDNA. With increased competition in the market from ancestry.com and 23andme these sorts of this matter in determining who I will test with in the future. Thank you!

Call FTDNA and set up a project (y-DNA, mtDNA, Family FInder, surname)

The administrator can use one login and view each account without multiple logins.

See FTDNA FAQ and search setting up projects.

Comment

Has this improved yet?

Hello, has this changed or improved yet?

I manage multiple kits for my family with 23andMe and the reason that I haven't tested multiple family members with FTDNA is for the same reasons stated above. The reason I tested them with 23andMe is for the convenience of management within one account for multiple kits.

Today I searched the various FAQs again to check if this has improved and I did not see this answered. I can imagine that most people won't even go as far as post a forum question if they are interested in this functionality but don't see it mentioned in the FAQs. Honestly FTDNA, I think you are losing out on sales for lack of this feature and often won't know it since most people won't go through the effort to post about it, they will move on to another company.

Just my two cents, and the reason I have multiple family member kits at 23andMe but not here.

Comment

No, it has not improved. If you want to manage multiple kits with one login you will have to establish a family project.

Comment

I like the way it is now, if you want one login for multiple kits you set up a project.

Comment

How do you do that? I am in the process of testing other family members and have been looking for instructions on how to link the accounts. I saw the stuff on surname projects but got the impression they were for large groups of accounts and not just 2 or 3.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolam View Post
              How do you do that? I am in the process of testing other family members and have been looking for instructions on how to link the accounts. I saw the stuff on surname projects but got the impression they were for large groups of accounts and not just 2 or 3.
              Currently, FTDNA has a vision that requires unpaid volunteers to devote substantial time to large surname or haplogroup or projects. The projects are meant to be public.

There are researches who would like to have small (sometimes "private") projects not only for a convenience in administering multiple accounts, but also for a couple of additional tools available in projects only.

Both needs are served by the same framework... May be at the conference this November there would be a discussion with FTDNA about the projects. Seeing the huge growth this year, I think FTDNA should ask for a feedback about enhancements to either function.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Working...
              X