FASTA File for RSRS Results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FASTA File for RSRS Results.

Can you nice folks generate a FASTA File for my RSRS results? I already have one for my rCRS results but having one for the RSRS results would be excellent.

Originally posted by girlperson1 View Post
    Can you nice folks generate a FASTA File for my RSRS results? I already have one for my rCRS results but having one for the RSRS results would be excellent.
    Just courious. FASTA files are made so computer programs can read them. What computer program cannot read the FASTA file you can download on your FTDNA page?

(RSRS results and rCRS results convey the exact same information in two different ways).

Comment

Originally posted by Lklundin View Post
      Just courious. FASTA files are made so computer programs can read them. What computer program cannot read the FASTA file you can download on your FTDNA page?

(RSRS results and rCRS results convey the exact same information in two different ways).
      Oh so true! I was half asleep when I wrote that message.

Comment

FASTA file will not open on my computer -Help pls

I am on a Macbook. dl the file but when I try to open it I get the following message: There is no application set to open the document “B160757-FASTA.fasta”. What program should I select? Pages? Numbers? Something else?
        Thanks!

Comment

susieqk - see my answer in this thread today:
          http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=43699

Basically, open a text program and use that to open the file. Then you should be able to save it with a .txt extension (this is on a Mac, but do whatever is the same on a Windows computer).

Comment

Working...
          X