Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

browser interfaced GEDCOM creator thru FTDNA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browser interfaced GEDCOM creator thru FTDNA?

I read of people that wish more people would upload a GEDCOM file. I suppose I am one of those because I am adopted.

What about a simple GEDCOM creator through the FTDNA website and manipulated through your web-browser of choice rather than downloading and installing a stand-alone application.

Seems this would be more encouraging for people to enter what they know into a GEDCOM file.

At the annual Family Tree DNA conference last week, they announced that they'll be working on an upgrade to the GEDCOM/FamilyTree feature next year, and it will include the ability to create/edit your family tree directly in your account.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
      At the annual Family Tree DNA conference last week, they announced that they'll be working on an upgrade to the GEDCOM/FamilyTree feature next year, and it will include the ability to create/edit your family tree directly in your account.

Elise
      That is great to hear! That would make things so much easier for me

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post

Elise
        I hope it will not divert too many resources from FTDNAs real contribution to genetic genealogy (namely the genetic part).

Hopefully they will just plug into some existing web-based genealogy software - otherwise FTDNA will be swamped with requests that will not stop even when a fully fledged genealogy application has been made available via the web-site.

Here is for example a link to the web front-end for the open-source (and gratis) gramps:

http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/i..._GRAMPS_Webapp

Plug each users account into an instance of that and you are done.

Comment

Thanks for that link !!

Comment

Working...
          X