Join Authorization from revised GAP Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join Authorization from revised GAP Pages

The Lee study group has a requirement that we must approve any members before they join. We implemented this largely to ensure that anyone coming in understands what they are testing, and we also must have even the most basic paternal lineage in order to track the various Lee families we have in the study group.

Under the old GAP, as an admin I used to be approve any FTDNA user who already had a kit number and results, and allow them to come into the project immediately.

I don't see that this is an option any longer.

I just sent a join authorization from the GAP to the user in question. Is this the best way, or is something missing under the "new" GAP that allows me to do this?

Any help from FTDNA or fellow admins is appreciated.

Thanks
    Gary Lee

In your GAP, go to Project Administration, then Join Authorization, then click the View Join Requests button and you'll see any pending join requests, which you can then Read and then send an Approve, Deny or More Info response.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
      In your GAP, go to Project Administration, then Join Authorization, then click the View Join Requests button and you'll see any pending join requests, which you can then Read and then send an Approve, Deny or More Info response.

Elise
      The join authorization / join request is a great GAP feature. It's easy to use and is vastly preferable to email. .

Comment

Working...
      X