Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why more matches in "My Matches" than in "Ancestral Origins"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why more matches in "My Matches" than in "Ancestral Origins"?

I read that its normal that one has more matches in "Ancestral Origins" than in "My Matches" because not all people in the DataBase accepted to be shown in "My Matches". Also, "Ancestral Origins" uses data outside of the database, or so I understand.

But why do I have 31 Matches in "Ancestral Origins" but 40 in "My Matches"?

thx in advance

Originally posted by Daniel72 View Post
    I read that its normal that one has more matches in "Ancestral Origins" than in "My Matches" because not all people in the DataBase accepted to be shown in "My Matches". Also, "Ancestral Origins" uses data outside of the database, or so I understand.

But why do I have 31 Matches in "Ancestral Origins" but 40 in "My Matches"?

thx in advance
    I noticed that too.

I wonder why too..... probably something to do with the way each page is set up.

Good luck in your searches

Comment

The missing people probably listed themselves in the database as "Unknown Origin" and I believe the RAO page now omits that category.

Elise

Comment

You are correct Elise, they may have listed unknown origin or nothing at all.

Darren Marin
        Family Tree DNA

Comment

I have another question related to that:

There is a third list with matches, that can be found in the section Y-DNA >> Haplotree >> My Matches.
          There are less matches listed than in the Y-DNA Section (got one 12-Marker exact match there) and in the Ancestral Origins Section (got the same one exact match and 31 one-step-mutations). But I have only 10 one-step-mutations in the list in the Haplotree section.
          Does somebody know why?

Comment

The Haplotree "My Matches" page only includes those matches that have been SNP-tested, either through the backbone SNP test or the deep-clade test.

Comment

Ah ok, thank you, that makes sense!

Comment

Working...
              X