Heads up on great changes coming to FamilyTreeDNA.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StefG View Post
    Wasn't the point of the upgrade to deliver more relevant matches?.
    All the kits transferred in before FTDNA was using imputation were re-calculated using imputation.
    Much fairer to treat them all the same. Not clear that had anything to do with delivering more relevant matches.

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
      Has anybody else tried the search?
      Seems now, instead of just searching for what you enter, they include results that are close.
      Think maybe that are the same except for up to two letters.

Is that what it seems like to others?
      Do you like this better than an exact search?
      absolutely do NOT like this bettter than an exact search. You can no longer easily find exactly the surname you want in either matches or surname lists and the search is thus next to useless for name searching and wastes my time.

Comment

Originally posted by LornaHen View Post

absolutely do NOT like this bettter than an exact search. You can no longer easily find exactly the surname you want in either matches or surname lists and the search is thus next to useless for name searching and wastes my time.
        Yes, the search is horrible now! It’s amazing what’s considered “ close enough “.

Comment

I just saw last night the family finder search match function has a field next to it with the word "Exact" in it. I ticked it & hallelujah , it worked

Comment

Yay for the new Exact box!

It also shows up on the Y-Matches page.

~~~~

The new Search is less dependent on Case Sensitive.

I tried Smith, smith, SMITH and sMiTh and got the same results for all. IIRC that was an issue before (or was it just on the Tree?)

I tried my mtDNA haplo with and without capitalization and got the same result for both

I tried R-M269 and R-m269 and I got hundreds for M269 and zero for m269 . So Y is case sensitive (at this time). Not sure why.
            Last edited by mabrams; 19 November 2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwailo View Post
              I just saw last night the family finder search match function has a field next to it with the word "Exact" in it. I ticked it & hallelujah , it worked
              Okay, “ exact “ box definitely improved the search: thank you for mentioning it, I didn’t notice it at first!

Comment

Working...
              X