MyHeritage Transfers to FTDNA -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyHeritage Transfers to FTDNA -

Have a Family Finder Project, and noticed the following in Release Notes, dated May 21, 2019:

Autosomal Transfers – MyHeritage Six Month Transfer Limit

MyHeritage customers can now only transfer their autosomal DNA data within six months of their DNA data being created.

When a MyHeritage customer attempts to transfer an autosomal DNA file that was created more than six months from the attempted transfer date:

• The customer will receive the following message:
    FamilyTreeDNA is only able to accept MyHeritage account transfers that contain DNA data created within the 6 months prior to the time of the transfer. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

• The customer will still have the FTDNA account that is created while completing the initial steps of the transfer process.

o The account will have no products associated with it.

o The customer will have the ability to attempt another autosomal transfer with either the same transfer type or a new one.

Earlier:
    A relative of second cousins of mine (who have tested at FTDNA) tried to upload her MyHeritage results to FTDNA, and after no results posting for a bit, called them and reported in e-mail to me on Apr 29, 2019:
    "Just spoke with someone form Family Tree DNA. She told me there was a glitch in the transfer. That My Heritage has changed their chip they use and it was not compatible to the Family Tree DNA chip so they also changed theirs. They are now waiting for these bugs to be worked out and have put my email on a list to be notified when the problems have been resolved and then I can try again to transfer,, They are thinking about 1 months time."
Working...
X