Confirmation Requested - ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation Requested - ?

I have once again ordered tests for someone else. The last time I did that, when I went to Log In, there was a screen asking for Confirmation. Think they were asking for Confirmation of Name Shown and of e-mail shown, but am not sure. That time, I backed out and had the other person log in and choose, since when I ordered, they really weren't sure how they wanted their name shown to matches and which e-mail they wanted shown, and they were interested in the results.
    But before logging in to this new kit -- want to know --
    Is that confirmation requested the first time someone logs in to the Kit, or the first time after the Kit is received, or ??
    What is actually requested to be confirmed / decided?

Are you referring to the following pop up when logging in (attachment), if so you can just click on the close (x in upper right) to ignore.
    Attached Files

Comment

I never saw that screen. What would result in that? (I am getting the e-mail notifications, currently - got for Kit sent with tracking number, got for Kit received).
      Is that the ONLY item one is currently asked to confirm?

Also -- how would one use that - or what does one use -- to get TWO e-mails showing to one's matches? (that is what is now showing for the Kit I mentioned above, where I had the tester log in and do the confirmation herself - and she does not remember what she chose)

Comment

Do you mean the welcome screen? See attached. I saw it on a kit I ordered for someone. I simply confirmed their name and my email as I had used when I ordered the kit. As always you can change both later on if needed. Once you confirm that, you are asked agree to the terms of service and privacy statement. After confirming that you are asked to consent to participating in matching. Then you are sent to the dashboard. So this is only done once. I know I logged into the kit after the kit was received by FTDNA but before results were in. I imagine FTDNA added this step to make sure the kit manager confirms to the terms, privacy statement, and consent to matching.

As for the pop up shown by prairielad, I had seen a few examples of that as well. I think it started back when FTDNA changed their mass email provider. Everyone was asked to opt in for that. Those who didn't or did not have a primary email attached to their kit would see this if I recall correctly.

Project admins will be able to see all emails attached to a kit. Matches will only see the primary email. To show both emails, log into the kit. In the primary email line, add a comma and a space. Then add the other email. Hit save and that is all. I just tested it out. Both show up when I see the kit as a match of another.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by The_Contemplator; 19th May 2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
          Do you mean the welcome screen? See attached. I saw it on a kit I ordered for someone. I simply confirmed their name and my email as I had used when I ordered the kit. As always you can change both later on if needed. Once you confirm that, you are asked agree to the terms of service and privacy statement. After confirming that you are asked to consent to participating in matching.
          Yes, Thank You!! That was exactly it!

And thanks much for the info "To show both emails, log into the kit. In the primary email line, add a comma and a space. Then add the other email. Hit save and that is all. I just tested it out. Both show up when I see the kit as a match of another"

Do you know - if you edit the Primary E-Mail line to show two e-mails, will FTDNA send notifications (eg, close and immediate on FamilyFinder) to BOTH e-mails, or ??

Comment

Well whatever is in the primary email line should get all the notifications. I just do not know if it will work correctly having two emails listed or if that will make it glitch. Would need to try it out. I'll run a test with one of my kits. Will have to wait some days for notifications though. I'll know if the notifications come through as I manage another similar kit. So both should get most of the same notifications.

Comment

I had a kit use two emails on the primary email line and waited for email notifications about new matches. It did not work. I tried it with a comma and no space, comma with space, and semi-colon as well. Throughout that time I did not receive new email notifications even though when I logged into the kit there were new notifications. Other kits related to this one did continue to receive notifications.

So you must have only one email in the line to receive notifications. I have since changed it back to one email and I just saw a new email confirming it is working with just the one.

Comment

I have purchased several kits for other family members. I do not order any through my own account, I order each kit independently, but each kit I only give my own email address, so four kits all the emails come to me, which means I can track, follow etc - they are my immediately family. I then log in to each kit separately - I know xxxx5 - belongs to my brother xxxx7 is my mother etc. so four kits with their own log in but only one email address.

I found it convenient that they are independent of my account, though I manage them as they aren't interested in the results.

Are you saying you've used different emails for each kit?

Comment

Not me. I use one email for all the kits I manage as well. I was just answering a question loobster had about cases where two different people may want access to the same kit. One is the donor and the other one may have payed for the test and may be more interested in the data from it than the donor.

Comment

Working...
                  X