Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTDNA FF $39 - Offer ends Nov 26

How low can they go. Now we know.
    Last edited by Biblioteque; 23rd November 2018, 06:04 AM.

Add on shipping - $9.95, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Even with shipping, that's the lowest price that I can remember for an autosomal test, from any of the companies that sell one!

I've just seen today's post by Roberta Estes' on Black Friday sales, and it looks like the packaging for FTDNA kits has changed. Has anyone received one recently? Is it in a box, or still a plastic envelope?
      Last edited by KATM; 23rd November 2018, 07:31 AM. Reason: added blog post reference

Comment

I had my first FF test in 2011; and best I remember, the cost was almost $300. Does anyone else remember?

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
          I've just seen today's post by Roberta Estes' on Black Friday sales, and it looks like the packaging for FTDNA kits has changed. Has anyone received one recently? Is it in a box, or still a plastic envelope?
          The email FTDNA sent to project admins showed the new packaging along with their comment on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
            The email FTDNA sent to project admins showed the new packaging along with their comment on it.
            I went back to my emails and "loaded remote content." As a general customer, I received two emails from FTDNA with subject "Get Family Finder For Only $39 During Our Black Friday Sale Event!" which show the new box. No comment about it, though. Graphics-wise, it does look nice, so perhaps the idea was to "keep up with the Joneses" as far as product appearance. The old plastic envelopes were unexciting, but did the job perfectly well.

I do administrate a small family project, and as such got another email about the sale with subject "GAP Announcement: Black Friday & Cyber Monday Savings Are Here!" That one had sale prices, but no box image or comment about it. Just out of curiosity, could you share what the comment was? I need a tiny amount of excitement this morning.

Comment

Got another email this afternoon, with an image which does show the comment about the new packaging: it's "new and improved," so now I know.

The domestic postage used to be $5.00 back in 2013 and most of 2014, then increased to $9.95, but had been again increased to $12.95 sometime in 2016 or so. Perhaps competition prompted the reversion to the $9.95 shipping cost, or perhaps it's due to the type of packaging.

Comment

Working...
              X