No announcement yet.

The Fourm Is Back !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I created a template with a larger font size of 20. At the bottom of the forum page there will be the forum style drop down list on the left side. There are a bunch of options with the default being Default vB5 style. There is now a style called Large Font. Hope this helps.

-Darren

Comment

Thanks Darren. (I was also going to say nice to put a face to your name, but since I've signed in your picture has disappeared. ??)

Comment

Thank you Darren. Size 20 seems too large for me (call me Goldilocks), so I'm adapting to size 12 or whatever the default is, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Hi KATM,

When I pulled up the new topics today I noticed that to the far right of the topic it will sgive a Last Post by:
          by Darren 29th September 2018, 08:38 PM Then there will be a blue icon with a double right pointing arrow. Clicking on this will take you to the last post in that topic. Sorry I'm still getting used to this as well.

-Darren
          Thanks Darren I would have liked to "Like" your post - but it looks like we can only "Like" one post per thread and that was used on the first post in this thread! Clicking on the Like icon just brings up an error message "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice".

Also ... if you happen to read this! ... is there any chance of getting Today's Posts restored i.e. to be able, when you're not logged in, to see a list of the day's posts? I used to do a lot of browsing when not logged in, and then would log in to post. One of the advantages of not logging in was that I'd see the posts dated in your date/time. When I log in, I see date/time as my local time.
          Now when I click on Today's Posts, I have to do a search (and go through the Captcha rigmarole) ... is this how it's meant to work? And then if I read one of the day's threads and use the back button to try to get back to the day's posts, I end up back at a (blank) search page.
          It looks like FTDNA wants us all to log in, every time ... which is understandable. But I will certainly miss the ability to see the dates/times in your time.

PS: I do like that we now get notifications about threads we've already posted in!

I've added a couple of smileys to this ... but they don't show in the preview. It'll be interesting to see if they're in the posted reply

Comment

Today's posts can now be viewed without having to log in, and without having to go through the re-capthca.

-Darren

Comment

I confirmed the smilies are broken, so I have turned off that option for now.

-Darren

Comment

Well, at least as of now the smileys are showing back up.

-Darren

Comment

The Like button has an error with it as well, giving that issue with You can't like the same post twice, even though there are no likes on that specific post. I currently disabled that option as well.

Sorry for the troubles.

-Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    Today's posts can now be viewed without having to log in, and without having to go through the re-capthca.

-Darren
                    Darren, you're wonderful :big round of applause: Thanks heaps for solving Today's Posts ... and after viewing a thread I can even go back (using the back button) to Today's Posts and the thread is still there! Thanks also for fixing the smileys ... and I hope the Like button can be fixed sometime too
                    Last edited by Fern; 1st October 2018, 01:05 AM. Reason: added smiley and smiley substitute (no hand-clapping smiley available)

Comment

Hello,

When using Chrome Web browser I couldn't edit text properly and couldn't able to paste text using clip cache...

When using Firefox Web browser, I get strange numbers at end of the paragraph...

Any idea!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.SYSTEM View Post
                        Hello,

When using Chrome Web browser I couldn't edit text properly and couldn't able to paste text using clip cache...

When using Firefox Web browser, I get strange numbers at end of the paragraph...

Any idea!

Thanks
                        Can you please provide me a specific example of this? I am not able to duplicate it.

-Darren

Comment

Hello,

For the strange numbers issue at end of the paragraph, please see the attached file (.gif animation)

image_5409.gif

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]About the edit function, I was not able to see
                          Last edited by Dr.SYSTEM; 2nd October 2018, 06:08 AM. Reason: Attachment quality is not from my side!

Comment

Hello,

Sorry to repeat my reply, I'm getting hard time to post a reply and edit it...

External Resource for the attachments: http://files.fm/u/v2b9kk83

Thanks

Comment

Just some venting today:

I'm finding that the new version of the forum is less user-friendly, or intuitive, than the old version. Examples:
                              • Clicking on "New Topics," if there are none, now gives a screen showing (use "robot voice" here) "Search Result" and "Search Results: 0 result in 0.0166 seconds," with buttons for Keywords, Members, and Tags, and then the statement "There are no results that meet this criteria." In the old Forum, you would get a screen that simply said something like "There are no new posts." Often you would get a list of formerly new posts, but in a "visited" link format, so you could visualize that you'd already visited all of them, and re-visit them if you desired. In other words, we had plain English (or whatever language you choose) vs. what we have now, technical talk. While "New Topics" technically may be a forum search, it's not a search from the user's point of view; it's just a link to posts that are new since the last visit. It's as if the old user-friendly interface has been removed in some areas, showing the programming part underneath.
                              • The look of the user profile is also less pleasing than it used to be, IMHO. I know some of these things are a function of just getting used to the differences, but some differences are unnecessary and even retrograde.
                              • It's nice to have the option of using an avatar, but the stipulated maximum size is no larger than 50 by 50 pixels. Yet the default avatar itself is 64 x 64 pixels. When a personal avatar is used, this leaves an awkward space with border surrounding the 50 px square image, since the new avatar doesn't fill it. Can the avatar size be changed to 64 x 64 as the maximum size, the same as the default avatar?
                              • The messaging is somewhat harder to use, also. Can the feel and usefulness of the forum functions, as we had it before, be restored?
                              • There is still no way to collapse the Forum main categories, as we had previously.
                              Other questions:
                              • Will signature lines be enabled in this new version of the Forum?
                              • Was the new forum version tested before making it available to the users, ideally by volunteer test users using an assortment of devices?
                              • Did the programmers try to make the transition as easy as possible, by retaining the features and the look of the old forum, as much as possible?
                              • Was it necessary to upgrade to a newer version of vBulletin, such as for security reasons? I suspect one (main?) reason might be to make it compatible with smaller screens, such as tablets and smartphones, which is also reasonable.
                              Thank you to Darren for making some changes as you are able, and for relaying any of our concerns to the appropriate parties. I think many Forum members appreciate your efforts.

Comment

KATM - I will 'like' your post when I figure out how to do so. And, I like the avatar; it gives a peek into the personality of the poster. It just needs a larger space.

Last edited by Biblioteque; 3rd October 2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X