• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loobster
    FTDNA Customer
    • Feb 2012

Order E-mail, Contact E-mail - Questions

You can now enter one or more e-mails for the person purchasing the kit -- and one or more e-mails for the person to whom the kit is sent. I am regularly ordering Kits to be sent to others.

If I put my e-mail in for the person purchasing, and XXX's e-mail in for the person to whom Kit being sent - what will/should happen?

If I put my e-mail in for the person purchasing, and my e-mail first, XXX's second for the person to whom Kit being sent - what will/should happen?
  • loobster
    FTDNA Customer
    • Feb 2012

When I started ordering Tests from FTDNA, there was ONE line for e-mail addresses - and the first e-mail was the Primary one, the one after was the secondary.
    Back then:
    1] On the Kit's Dashbord, the Primary e-mail appeared.
    2] On the Kit's Contact Information, all the e-mails appeared, with a check in front of the Primary e-mail
    3] What a match saw, when clicking on the Kit's Profile, was the Primary e-mail.
    4] What a match saw, under e-mail, for the Kit if they down-loaded a file of their matches was the Primary e-mail.

Back then, all the e-mails listed on the Kit's Contact Information got all the Messages sent by FTDNA except - according to info I read - for the Password Changed announcement. And, I believe, the Purchase Confirmation with reference to amount and money spent. But I think there was another message about Kit ordered that also had Kit Number and Password that went to both.

You could easily change where the check appeared in the Kit's Contact info, and that changed which e-mail appeared when a match clicked on its Profile -- and, I assume, which e-mail would get notified of a Password Change.

Comment

• loobster
      FTDNA Customer
      • Feb 2012

The first time I experienced the Shopping Cart, with separate e-mail lines for Purchaser and Receiver - I assumed, since Purchaser came first, it would be Primary - and since Receiver came second, if I put an e-mail there, it would be Secondary E-mail, but in any case, both would appear in the list under Contact Information on the Kit, one with a check -- and if it wasn't the way we wanted, I could just change which had the check.

However, only the Receiver's e-mail appeared in the Kit's Contact Information and I stopped receiving messages from FTDNA.
      For a long time, I thought this was because the Receiver had logged in, changed Primary and deleted my e-mail. But turns out this was not the case.

So then I started repeating my e-mail in the list for Receiver's e-mail as well.

NOW they list both receiver e-mail and purchaser e-mail in the Kit's list for Contact e-mail - with same e-mail listed twice in that list if included both for Purchaser and Receiver. AND they have a check in the Contact e-mail list before both the first e-mail listed for Purchaser and the first e-mail listed for Receiver - even if the same e-mail.

Comment

• loobster
        FTDNA Customer
        • Feb 2012

Anybody know -- What do I do so my e-mail appears when Matches click on the Profile, but both of us receive the messages from FTDNA about what Password and Kit Number are, Kit Received, Results in?

I have not found any way to accomplish this.

My e-mail as Purchaser, "other" e-mail first for Receiver, mine second for Receiver -
        both of us get messages from FTDNA, only "other" e-mail is listed for Matches to see if click on the Profile.

My e-mail as Purchaser and first for Receiver, "other" e-mail second for Receiver -
        only I get messages from FTDNA, only my e-mail listed for Matches to see if click on the Profile.
        Last edited by loobster; 13 December 2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• loobster
          FTDNA Customer
          • Feb 2012

At one point, what appeared if one e-mail entered for Purchaser and one e-mail entered for Receiver (not sure if ONLY when just one for each, or if this also happened with regard to First listed when that differed between the two)
          when clicking on the Kit's Profile one saw the e-mail for Receiver
          under e-mail, if they down-loaded a file of their matches, for that Kit was listed e-mail for Purchaser

Seems, at least going forward, that this has been fixed and they are now both the e-mail listed first for Receiver.

Comment

Working...
          X