X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special sale until midnight tonight 11/12

Have y'all seen this?
    7 hour sale on family finder $49

The sale is visible on the front page ( ftdna.com ). The savings are 0 — 30 — 40 — 60 dollars, depending on the test (mtDNA Plus — mtFull Sequence — FF, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67 — Y-DNA111).

Mr. W
    Last edited by dna; 12 November 2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

No, abuelita is talking about the flash sale for the Family Finder test. It is separate from the holiday sale. The flash sale ends tonight at midnight CST.

Comment

So how much after tonight for the "regular" holiday sale?

Comment

We don't know. It will probably still be on discount but not at $49. The regular price is $89 and it was on sale for long while for $69. So it could be $59-$79 I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
            No, abuelita is talking about the flash sale for the Family Finder test. It is separate from the holiday sale. The flash sale ends tonight at midnight CST.
            I am sorry that I had spread misinformation. When I had looked, the black banner was not present yet.

Mr. W

Comment

Thank you, but still confusing. The flash sale ends tonight, but when you click on the link for the holiday sale, FF is still listed at $49.00.

Comment

FTDNA probably just didn't want to confuse people with extra fine text under the FF test. Since the flash sale would only last a few hours, they probably didn't see the need to add extra asterisks * to the page. Either people will buy it or they won't and it gets reverted to some other price that will still be seen as a discount to the regular price of $89.

Comment

Thanks again. Wish I could place a bulk order to save on shipping, but that's not possible tonight as only one kit can be ordered at a time.

Comment

You can order multiple kits at once but it won't save you on shipping. The shipping price helps cover the cost of the actual collection kit and not just the actual shipping.

If you are computer savvy enough and won't get confused too easily you can order multiple kits. Otherwise it may be best to go one at a time to prevent mistakes. To order multiple kits do the following. Go to the cart. On the top right side you will see it says "Kit #1" if you are not logged in. If you are logged in then "Kit #" with your kit number afterwards. Under that you will see "Add or gift another kit". Click that and "Kit #2" will appear under the first. You can click it again for more kits to appear. Then choose each kit and pick the tests you want to order for each. Once you have everything in order, proceed to checkout as usual. The only difference now is that you will be required to include a phone number in the order. If it was one by one, it would not be required. No idea why. Since you won't save on shipping, it will at the very least save you the trouble of entering all your payment data multiple times. Make sure the shipping is correct on each kit if you intend on sending them to different places.

Comment

Hi!

I think you don't have to worry. A holiday sale has the same discount. https://www.familytreedna.com/sale

Comment

It has the same discount because it would make no sense to have two different prices for the same test. The flash sale discount just supersedes the holiday sale for now. FTDNA could always decide to keep it for the holiday sale if they see not too many people buying it. We will know soon enough given that there are only 9 or so minutes left. FTDNA does not always change the price at midnight. They might leave it on a bit longer if they aren't in a rush to change it.

Comment

Now that the flash sale ended, the FF test is now at $59. Not as big of a change as I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
                            Now that the flash sale ended, the FF test is now at $59. Not as big of a change as I was expecting.
                            What I want to know is what FTDNA will do when the chips run out for Family Finder?

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
                              What I want to know is what FTDNA will do when the chips run out for Family Finder?

Jack
                              Yes! I just bought another FF because of my fears.

Cost of the exome sequencing keeps going down, but that test is not applicable to genetic genealogy. Yes?

Cost of the whole genome sequencing reached 1000+ dollars (but less than 2000) and seems to be stable at that price point. Exome is more interesting as it might give direct information about health.

So..., was anything announced during the conference?

Mr. W

Comment

Working...
                              X