X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancher
    replied
    Originally posted by donnamaria View Post
    So by the posts it looks like i will be waiting a month or so for my origins results
    Don't hold your breath. I'm on 41 days now and still waiting. But, you know, IT is right on it....

Leave a comment:

• donnamaria
    replied
    waiting

So by the posts it looks like i will be waiting a month or so for my origins results

Leave a comment:

• Rancher
    replied
    I've been waiting over a month now on my father's transfer. In the meantime, I've had 3 FTDNA test kits for other family members processed from the very beginning. I've sent in support tickets, got the "IT has been informed," but no luck there. I even asked them to just delete the transfer completely so I could either retry with a new upload or just buy an FTDNA kit, but they will not even do that! Very annoying.

Leave a comment:

• donnamaria
    replied
    I've joined the club

The waiting club that is still waiting for my origins to unlock everything else opened up fine i hope they figure out whats wrong i have sent a couple support tickets havent heard back yet

Leave a comment:

• Shamrock
    replied
    Thanks I'll try that.

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    Originally posted by Shamrock View Post
    I had the same problem. It took almost 2 weeks before that message went away. I don't know how they can stay in business. Now, I want to email a match since he doesn't have a tree and it brings me to outlook when I click on his email. I don't have outlook and I don't want it. Glad I only paid $19. Not enjoying this site at all.
    I don't think that's their problem. I think the email program that opens is controlled by your browser settings.

However, you can always click on a matches name to open their profile, and copy and paste their email address into your email message.

Leave a comment:

• Shamrock
    replied
    Try again

I had the same problem. It took almost 2 weeks before that message went away. I don't know how they can stay in business. Now, I want to email a match since he doesn't have a tree and it brings me to outlook when I click on his email. I don't have outlook and I don't want it. Glad I only paid $19. Not enjoying this site at all.

Leave a comment:

• coltrane+coffee
    replied
    Originally posted by VladD View Post
    The only evolution was that after 3 days from leaving the voice message, I received an email from their Help Desk that was quoting a crappy transcription of the message and stated that "The issue has been reported to our IT Department."

So right now I'm at about one month of "Try again in 24 hours" ... this looks beyond sloppy.
    agree, I paid to transfer last month and my "24-72 hour" window is now about two weeks over due. I considered buying FTDNA kits for the rest of my family--not a chance now. I do not trust this company at all.

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    I'm not in this situation, but I think it's a total disgrace! I wanted to invite lots of Ancestry DNA matches to transfer, but I'm not going to do it, since FTDNA not only can't live up to their promise of giving people their transfer results within 24 hours, but apparently they can't handle transfers at all!

Not only that, but the shopping cart doesn't work properly. I've purchased several kits from this company and I'm fairly used to fighting to get the shopping cart to work for me and having to use a different browser to get it to work and being told my purchase didn't go through, when in fact, it did. But how does this look to new customers??? What kind of company doesn't care whether its shopping cart works or not? One of my cousin's gave up and refused to buy a test here because she couldn't get the cart to work. So she purchased her test at Ancestry instead. So far, I have never made a purchase at another online retailer and had the shopping cart not work. Maybe I've just been lucky.

So, if someone at FTDNA will inform me when they get the shopping cart to work smoothly and correctly in all browsers every time, and when they get transfers from Ancestry to work smoothly and within the time frame they promise, maybe I'll start inviting people to transfer.

Leave a comment:

• VladD
    replied
    Two more weeks ... still "Try again in 24 hours"

The only evolution was that after 3 days from leaving the voice message, I received an email from their Help Desk that was quoting a crappy transcription of the message and stated that "The issue has been reported to our IT Department."

So right now I'm at about one month of "Try again in 24 hours" ... this looks beyond sloppy.

Leave a comment:

• SubbotaAnton
    replied
    Same here - http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...521#post439521

At least 3 cases since 20th April. Maybe they have a problem with transferring from 23andme or Ancestry because they changed some protocol, who knows. Or some bug in new version of matches

Yes, this 24hours is too annoying. Support answered me that "The issue has been reported to our IT Department". Of course, it's better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• VladD
    replied
    I tried to call them (713-868-1438) ... first it would just hang out ... later it was a message describing the working hours (I called during the working hours) ... today I've got the "proper" call menu and after some 10 minutes of listening to crappy music I was given the "opportunity" to leave a message ... which I did ...

Something feels quite weird in all that.

Leave a comment:

• John McCoy
    replied
    Two weeks is way too long! Call customer service! Someone needs to look into this and fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• VladD
    started a topic "Try again in 24h" ... for 2 weeks!

"Try again in 24h" ... for 2 weeks!

Hi,

I have uploaded Ancestry results and paid for unlocking on May 19. Since then, if I want to check the results it keeps telling me to check again in 24h ... what's going on?
Working...
X