negative 2%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• negative 2%

Can someone explain how a person is 100% European and then a "negative" 2% N. African and negative 2% something else. I guess that's a negative sign.. the sideways ^ . It's a trace amount. I never understood that. Thanks.

Originally posted by Sue Collins View Post
    Can someone explain how a person is 100% European and then a "negative" 2% N. African and negative 2% something else. I guess that's a negative sign.. the sideways ^ . It's a trace amount. I never understood that. Thanks.
    not a negative sign - an "inequality"
    <XXX means less than XXX
    >XXX means greater than XXX
    If you were really 100% European you would be 0% everything else in the world, which is unlikely. You must have tiny bits from random visitors. FT is probably rounding off - trying to simplify something like 99.6% European and .4% other things - or something of the sort.

Comment

Oh, okay. Well, yes, that makes sense. We just have some really, really interesting things now for me and my family. My husband with his northern roots, Irish, Scottish, Scandinavian and Eastern European now has Oceana? My son shows South American? Those are those tiny trace amounts. Very fun, if not confusing.

Comment

Working...
      X