Inviting Matches to Transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inviting Matches to Transfer?

I haven't noticed any increase in the number of matches my family members get, except for on the day when FTDNA restored the transfer process, when we got quite a few.

Does either Ancestry or 23andMe have any policy forbidding sending invitations to transfer here to their customers?

I'm thinking about inviting several just to see what happens. Does anyone have a nice mail they use for this? I'm wondering if I should include a link to Roberta Estes' blog https://dna-explained.com/2017/02/16...transfer-kits/

Any ideas on this?

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
    I haven't noticed any increase in the number of matches my family members get, except for on the day when FTDNA restored the transfer process, when we got quite a few.

Does either Ancestry or 23andMe have any policy forbidding sending invitations to transfer here to their customers?

I'm thinking about inviting several just to see what happens. Does anyone have a nice mail they use for this? I'm wondering if I should include a link to Roberta Estes' blog https://dna-explained.com/2017/02/16...transfer-kits/

Any ideas on this?
    Discounting all of those matches that I got that were dated according to when people originally tried to upload their data, I received 52 matches in january, 59 in february and 19 (so far) in march. It appears to me that the rate is definitely increasing, and will like increase further as word of mouth spreads.

Comment

Immediately after transfers from other companies resumed it went very quiet on Gedmatch. I think people were engrossed in their new FtDNA matches.

In the past couple of days the new matches at Gedmatch has increased. I suspect people have tried the chromosome browser at FtDNA and like it, so are keen to use the chromosome browser at Gedmatch as well.

Comment

Working...
      X