Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conat
    replied
    The Y-STR update option has now appeared and Y37 -> Y111 is showing as $29. It'd be rude not to.

edit: Worth noting that I have the Big Y, so have the Y500 STR results already, it may be the price is just a nominal amount to update the various strings with known information.
    Last edited by Conat; 18 June 2018, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    Ah, thank you. I see that I received that email also, but my email program does not automatically load remote content (the images). Since I already knew there was a sale, and had seen the sale prices elsewhere, I didn't bother to opt to show the images. I have now checked, and can also see what you posted now.

I had received a prior Father's Day sale email message on June 4, but it didn't show pricing.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    No I can't. It was in an email I received from FTDNA on June 7th.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    Could you show from which FTDNA page you got the images? I checked the current sale page, but didn't see what you posted for the Y-DNA upgrades for STR tests, or any obvious links to such. Apparently the ISOGG page for pricing is not up to date. Thanks for finding current information, though.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    Straight from FTDNA (when approved):
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    RobertCasey, ISOGG has a page showing the non-sale FTDNA Y-DNA and mtDNA upgrade prices. The page was last updated on 10 December 2016, but perhaps the prices haven't changed since then.

This blog post by Roberta Estes has the current sale prices, including Y-DNA upgrades, but doesn't show the regular prices for them.

Leave a comment:

• Conat
    replied
    The Y-STR upgrade offer doesn't currently seem to be showing up when you click the Upgrade button. It might be due to the sale that is ongoing.

Leave a comment:

• RobertCasey
    replied
    How to determine current retail prices of YSTR upgrades ?

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
    current upgrade price from 37 to 67 is $99USD
    Can anyone tell how to find the current non-sale prices of YSTR upgrades ? When I log in as admin and pull up a 37 marker tester in my project - it only gives me sales price. When I now use his link to YDNA Prices, I now get a Access Denied - even though I have "Full Access" and he has YDNA Opt to Sharing enabled.

I need the step by step instructions on how to determine the retail prices as we are considering send out a bulk email to our project about the substantial discounts going on and encourage upgrades from 37 to 67 markers by matching the sales price reduction. I hate to use $99 and find out that the normal price is actually $79 already. It is really maddening that FTDNA has no list of normal prices during sales for YSTR upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Hello,
    I ordered Family Finder at https://www.testdnk.com.ua in Ukraine.
    How can I order a new test? Can I do it directly? Samples are in the lab.
    My kit number is 767753
    If it was a FamilytreeDNA tested kit,
    Log into your FTDNA kit and click on the upgrade button. All available tests will be listed.
    Last edited by prairielad; 26 January 2018, 07:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    How can I order mtDNA test?

Hello,
    I ordered Family Finder at https://www.testdnk.com.ua in Ukraine.
    How can I order a new test? Can I do it directly? Samples are in the lab.
    My kit number is 767753

Leave a comment:

• MMaddi
    replied
    Originally posted by Cameron View Post
    It seems the emails are sent out on Monday in my local time, but the linked offer web page returns a 404 - page not found.

So it seems the offer is valid from Monday "some part of USA" time.
    FTDNA is located in Houston, which is in Central Time Zone. Right now it's 10:16 PM in Houston. So, the first coupons should appear in accounts in the next 10 or 12 hours.

Leave a comment:

• The_Contemplator
    replied
    Well FTDNA is located in Houston, Texas. So it uses Central Time. Find it in this time zone map.

Leave a comment:

• Cameron
    replied
    Originally posted by prairielad View Post
    I believe these holiday discount codes will start to be issued every monday starting Nov 14th....
    It seems the emails are sent out on Monday in my local time, but the linked offer web page returns a 404 - page not found.

So it seems the offer is valid from Monday "some part of USA" time.

Leave a comment:

• teyoung
    replied
    Originally posted by Bar View Post
    Thank you for the pictures with price for upgrade, but where can I find one?
    I believe the upgrade prices only appear once you have an FTDNA Dashboard page and select Upgrade. What appears there is based upon what tests you already have purchased.

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    Sales prices are automatic on purchase

For discount codes, they are offered weekly to current FTDNA customers.
    I believe these holiday discount codes will start to be issued every monday starting Nov 14th
    Keep an eye out on forum, as they are usually posted and shared by people who receive them but do not need.
    These codes are only one time use, can not be used more then once.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X