Ancient Origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting....reboot

(Admin? Could you delete my previous response? I apparently spent too long trying to edit it and can no longer do so)
    Here is the updated/edited version. Thank you

k, I'll join the fun
    I will freely admit I understand 'groupings' of more modern DNA vs./in comparison to history (Ancient Greece/Rome onward) and the movement of peoples over the last few hundred years and last 1,000 or so years, than I do these Ancient Origins and the groups there of.
    So here are my parents Ancestry origins estimates (they tested 1st there then I transferred their kits to FTDNA) and their FTDNA results and my FTDNA myOrigin results and Ancient Origins (I have not tested anywhere else)
    (And yes my parents are confirmed by DNA to be my folks lol despite the mis-matching in origins (so says FTDNA lol) )

Here is myOrigins;

97% European

50% British Isles
    39% Western & Central European
    3% Eastern European
    3% Southern European
    2% Finland & Northern Siberian

2% Central/South Asian
    2% Central Asian

and my Ancient Origins:
    10% Metal Age Invader (sounds like a swag sci-fi rock band lol)

44% Farmer (Where did I stick that plow?? Where'd those seeds go?)

46% Hunter-Gatherer (I can't throw a spear to save my life but I rock a bow and arrow )

0% non-European
    ---
    Here is my Mom's Ancestry estimates and FTDNA myOrigins and Ancient Origins;
    On Paper trail she is Irish, Scottish, English, and UNKN
    On AncestryDNA:
    Europe 100%
    Ireland 66%
    Scandinavia 19%
    Europe West 7%

Trace Regions 8%
    Italy/Greece 5%
    Great Britain 3%

On FTDNA:
    100% European
    79% British Isles
    11% Scandinavia
    10% Western & Central European

Her Ancient Origins;
    13% Metal Age Invader
    43% Farmer
    44% Hunter-Gatherer
    0% non-European
    ---
    Here is my Dad's Ancestry Estimates and myOrigins: Via Paper trail he is Acadian French from Canada, Irish (one of his great grams' parents were from IRE according to records), English, Basque, Mi'Kmaq, and WAY back Spanish and other French)
    On AncestryDNA:
    95% Europe
    38% Great Britain
    26% Iberian Peninsula
    21% Europe West

10% Trace Regions
    4% Italy/Greece
    4% Ireland
    1% Finland/Northwest Russia
    <-1% European Jewish

5% Trace Regions
    5% West Asia
    5% Caucasus

On FTDNA he is
    99% European
    91 Western & Central European
    6% Southern European
    2% Finland & N. Siberian

1% New World
    1% Native American

His Ancient Origins:
    12% Metal Age Invader
    51% Farmer
    37% Hunter-Gatherer
    0% non-European
    Last edited by LadyAlaise; 8 February 2017, 02:39 AM.

Comment

My results (Lots of unknown confirmed ancestry, but likely primarily Great Britain/Germany):
      Hunter-gatherer: 44%
      Farmer: 41%
      Metal-Age Invader: 8%
      Non-European: 6%

My mom's results (primarily Great Britain):
      Hunter-gatherer: 45%
      Farmer: 42%
      Metal-Age Invader: 13%
      Non-European: 0%

Comment

Bangladeshi

FTDNA Ancient European Origins:

Metal Age Invader 55%
        Farmer 10%
        Non European 35%

FTDNA My Origins:

Central/South Asian 85%
        -South Central Asia 55%
        -Central Asia 30%

East Asian 13%
        -Southeast Asia 9%
        -Northeast Asia 4%

Other 2%
        Last edited by Zayd; 7 August 2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Clear High Baltic/Scandinvaian-Hunter Gatherer Correlation

Looks like there's an obvious trend here with higher hunter gatherer percentages correlating to Scandinavian and/or Baltic Sea region DNA. I am American, with mostly colonial American roots, however, I have some more recent ancestry that came from Sweden in 1800s, and they kept marrying other Swedes in successive generations for a while, so pedigree-wise, my mother is 1/2 Swedish, and my father is a 1/4 Swedish/Norwegian. The rest of me is mostly British Isles, Western Europe, American melting pot, etc. But Ancient Origins says I have 54% Hunter Gatherer, and based on other posters, I have a pretty good idea about where it came from

Ancient Origins Results:
          10% Metal Age Invader
          37% Farmer
          54% Hunter Gatherer

Of note, my Swedish from both sides comes from either Gotaland, but primarily Skane (both in Southern Sweden). I noticed that Swedes seem to have the highest hunter gatherer percentages of the Scandinavians (although I haven't seen any self-proclaimed Danes posting their percentages on here), and then on the other side of the Baltic Sea from Southern Sweden, there's really high percentages being posted by Latvians, Lithuanians, etc. So what's up with this Baltic Sea area? Is it because these were all areas that were also believed to have been infiltrated by Huns?

Comment

Originally posted by LJH View Post
            Looks like there's an obvious trend here with higher hunter gatherer percentages correlating to Scandinavian and/or Baltic Sea region DNA. I am American, with mostly colonial American roots, however, I have some more recent ancestry that came from Sweden in 1800s, and they kept marrying other Swedes in successive generations for a while, so pedigree-wise, my mother is 1/2 Swedish, and my father is a 1/4 Swedish/Norwegian. The rest of me is mostly British Isles, Western Europe, American melting pot, etc. But Ancient Origins says I have 54% Hunter Gatherer, and based on other posters, I have a pretty good idea about where it came from

Ancient Origins Results:
            10% Metal Age Invader
            37% Farmer
            54% Hunter Gatherer

Of note, my Swedish from both sides comes from either Gotaland, but primarily Skane (both in Southern Sweden). I noticed that Swedes seem to have the highest hunter gatherer percentages of the Scandinavians (although I haven't seen any self-proclaimed Danes posting their percentages on here), and then on the other side of the Baltic Sea from Southern Sweden, there's really high percentages being posted by Latvians, Lithuanians, etc. So what's up with this Baltic Sea area? Is it because these were all areas that were also believed to have been infiltrated by Huns?
            It is because they had less input from farmers moving up from the Fertile Crescent and retained more DNA from the early hunter-gatherers. Baltics and Finland stayed particularly more isolated compared to most of the rest of Europe.

Comment

My father's results

My father tested recently.

Most of his ancestry is Greek from North Western Greece plus very small percentage Italian (mid and North Italy)

Ancient origin results:

Metal Age Invader 21%

Farmer 60%

Hunter gatherer 19%

Non-European 0%

Regards,

Costa Tsirigakis

Comment

Originally posted by CNT View Post
                My father tested recently.

Most of his ancestry is Greek from North Western Greece plus very small percentage Italian (mid and North Italy)

Ancient origin results:

Metal Age Invader 21%

Farmer 60%

Hunter gatherer 19%

Non-European 0%

Regards,

Costa Tsirigakis
                My results are:

Metal Age Invader 19%

Farmer 62%

Hunter gatherer 19%

Non-European 0%

I have 25% Maltese ancestry via my mother's father.

Regards,

Costa Tsirigakis

Comment

Am virtually 100% French from Louisiana. Paternal line from Normandy. Maternal line from central/SW France

my numbers
                  49% Farmer
                  40% HG
                  11% Invader.

Also, ftdna defines me as 100% West and Central Euro

Ancestry puts me at 50% English, 31% French, 8% Irish/scottish, 5% Germanic.

Awaiting Y-DNA111 test.

Comment

Working...
                  X